Sunday, February 26, 2006

This is my first time blogging. My husband, Eric, is in the Army, and is currently serving overseas. I am just trying to pass the time until he comes home. He's been gone for almost 4 months, and we still have 8 more to go. While he's gone I moved back home to be near family and friends. I didn't think that I could bear living 7 hours away from anyone that I know the whole time he was gone. Sometimes I wonder exactly what I was thinking moving back home...

So, now here I am living with my parents and little sister again, after being out of the house for 5 years. What fun! Oh well, I guess the alternative isn't that grand either. I could be up in Kansas with no friends or family. I just wish that people around here understood what it's like living without the one you love for so long. My dad actually has the nerve to tell me that he misses my mom when she's been gone for 2 hours. I couldn't believe that I heard that come out of his mouth. Hello, use a little common sense here please! Oh well... at least my Eric gets to come home in a couple months for R&R. I guess I can last that long.

2 comments:

lighting bolt said...

Hi Michelle, I am sorry you miss your husband and I hope time goes fast for you and him so you can reunite. I hear you saying you are back home and you're having a hard time with your family. Give yourself the chance to enjoy it, and give them some credit for opening the doors to you, enjoy having company, come on. Help your dad to have a good time with ya. If you do that time will go faster!

Michelle said...

Thanks for your comment. I try to keep a good attitude about it all, and I am definitely thankful that my parents are so welcoming. I wouldn't know what to do without my family. Thanks for your advice!