Thursday, December 07, 2006

Things are going good around here. We've been busy with school and getting back into the swing of things together. It's been wonderful, and you can definitely tell there is a difference in our relationship and it's all for the best. We've grown in ways I never thought possible and it's all been a wonderful experience. Eric went back to work on Monday and I couldn't believe that his 30 days leave was over already. His unit is disbanding and they're having their demob ceremony on the 14. He graduates with his associates on the 13th, and we will probably be moving at the end of this month or the beginning of January. It all depends on whether everything goes good, and he has lots of work to do, but he will be going into the ROTC program in Oklahoma if everything goes as planned. It's a lot of work to get done in such a short amount of time, but we've been praying about it and I know that if it's the Lord's will it will happen. The down side is that he'll be getting out of the active Army and going into the Reserves until he's finished with his schooling. So, money will be tight, but again, if it's the Lord's will everything will work out how it's supposed to.

I'm so excited about Christmas this year. I got an early start, and have already finished up all my Christmas shopping. The only thing that is left is for Eric to finish shopping for me. Then we'll be completely done, which is rare because I usually leave it all for last minute. My Christmas cards are out and we've decorated the house. We still have to get a tree, but we're doing that this weekend. I love this Christmas and I am so thankful that we're spending it together. I don't think I've ever been more excited about a holiday then I am this year.

4 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Daniel and I had talked about doing a similar ROTC program within the Air Force but with 2 small children it just isn't for us right now. You are right that everything will work out - just think of all the wonderful memories yet to be made together. I really am so happy for you - so glad you can spend this Christmas together.

-Andrea

Glo said...

Sorry about his unit. Mike's unit is no more too. Just crazy Army. Sorry to hear you'll be moving. You were so close. We are still palnning to all meet in St. Louis sometime this summer. You and Eric are in our prayers. God never closes a door ,that he doesn't open a window. Mike and I have always put things in his hands. He never let us down.You guys are going to do just fine. Wishing you both a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a wonderful New Year 2007.
Love and God bless.

Michelle said...

Hey girl! I am back. I could not get my blog to work, it was so frustrating. I guess it was some kind of crazy blogger thing. LOL.

I am so happy for you and Eric, you look so happy. (by the way I have been keeping up with whats been going on). That stinks about the move and everything but it will all work out. I am a firm believer it all things happen for a reason.

The pictures of Hawaii are great, thanks for sharing them. We just found out that we may be getting stationed there. We find out offically on the 15th. We are so excited about the possibility.

Talk to you soon!
Love you guys
Michelle

Monica said...

Thinking of you. Have a great Christmas!