Monday, April 02, 2007

Thank all of you ladies for the sweet comments. I appreciate each and everyone of them! You're all such a blessing to me and I thank you for your continued friendship and support!

I'm not a pleased person as far as the mgmt company for our apartment complex is concerned. Apparently they don't know that the landlord/tenant law says that you can't just come into a person's place without giving notice first. They are supposed to come every other month to spray the place, they hand out a calender with the dates marked, but the past two times they haven't come on the days that they said they were going to and then they show up, unannounced. It's very irritating. Once I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed when they came. Then the other day the manager called and said the plumber was coming the next day to do some work on the outside, but he may need to come inside, that's fine. Well, I was working out and I thought I heard someone at the door, so I stopped to see if I had, and next thing I know the plumber uses a key (the manager wasn't even with him!) and just comes in. For pete's sake. Then yesterday (this is the second time this has happened) the electricity went out, for no apparent reason, but only in the front half of the apartment. Well, the last time it happened we called out the electric company to make sure it wasn't the outside lines, it wasn't. They told us to call the manager and tell him that it was inside and he'd need an electrician, so we did. He didn't come last time, and the electricity just came back on by itself, and it worked fine until yesterday. Eric called yesterday at 1 and told him were having problems again, he said he couldn't do anything until Monday. Eric said, well the fridge it out and we have an aquarium that needs to be plugged in too. He told us to run an extension cord from the back and plug them in. That's fine, but it peeved me because he made no effort whatsoever to provide any kind of assistance to us. So, we went out and bought an extension cord and ran it from the back to the front. The electricity as out for 9 hrs, came back on for 2 hrs and then went out again. It was halfways on this morning when the electrician showed up. He fixed whatever it was, so hopefully we won't have any more problems. It just irritates me that we pay our rent here but get treated like they have free reign over the place. I did my homework and looked up the laws and it says that a landlord must give "reasonable time" before entering the premises, and reasonable time is defined as a time set between the landlord and tenant. So, I'm going to send a letter and let them know that we don't appreciate them thinking they can come in whenever their heart desires and hopefully it won't happen again.

Alright, there's my rant for the day lol. I feel better.

4 comments:

Glo said...

I feel the same as you, they should never just come in with out calling first and YOU letting them in.My daughter had a Landlord come in one time while she was sleeping. I think everyone has a right to their privicey.

Glo said...

Almost forgot "Happy Easter" to you and Eric...Glad the guys are home this year.
Love and God Bless,
Glo

kbug said...

You go, girl... It took me a long time to start sounding off when I was being mistreated in any way...but now I can be a bear if I need to be..... :)

Michelle said...

I had a land lord like that and I too raised all kinds of holy heck!!! They actaully expected for my son and I to live in a unit that had a whole in the floor with electrical wires hanging out for over a month then the time it took to do the other repairs (6 months) I did my homework and since they would not provide me with a unit to stay in I only paid them less than half the rent. I only paid 250 a month until the unit was fixed. She tried to fight it but I told her I had rights too and to try it. I would see her in court and I am sure with the pictures I have I can get so much more. She left me alone and made them fix it as fast as possible.