Saturday, April 28, 2007

I appreciate all the prayers and input! Jon had his surgery and everything went well. He got his neckbrace off and he was able to eat that night. My brother went up to see him yesterday and they were going to take him out of ICU last night, which is awesome, cause they said he'd be there for at least 10 days and he was there for 6! We are going down next weekend and we have put together a fundraiser, car wash/bake sale for Saturday. The guy who owns the car wash where I'm from is going to let us use it for the day, and we've got lots of people making baked goods to sale. Everything is coming together and Matt (my brother) said that since Jon found out we are doing things to raise money his spirits have lifted again. I guess it was really bothering him knowing he couldn't get up and go out and get the money he needs. Then we're planning on doing some sort of lunch fundraiser around the 19th, and we already have a location that we were told we could use anytime we need. So, just pray that people come together and we're able to raise enough money to keep him going and to get him into a good rehab so that he can focus totally on his recovery!

Thanks again, everybody's prayers and nice thoughts are so appreciated!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Michelle, I am glad that your brother's friend is doing better. I know that makes everyone feel better.
I wanted to tell you that alot of hospital will have programs for people that do not have insurance and most places will drop the bill or at least most of it.. Tell his family to get in touch with his human resources person that has been asigned to him and they can help them make sure they get all the information that is needed.
I have had a few friends that needed this assistance as well and for the most part there bills were cleared. I hope this helps your friend. and good luck with the car wash and bake sale..

Charla said...

I'm so glad you've been able to get some fundraisers together to help him out! Good luck!!

Monica said...

It is great he is doing so well. Good luck on the fundraisers. You guys are great!

vanessa said...

Sorry to hear about your brothers friend. I hope you guys are able to raise the money he needs. We found out last friday that my husbands niece was in a bad car accident she's only 20 and broke a leg, an arm, 6 ribs, and did a lot of damage inside. She should be fine but she'll be in the hospital for a month.
Well i hope you are doing well and I hope your brothers friend feels everyones prayers.
v