Thursday, May 03, 2007

We are going down to Oklahoma tomorrow. I'm really ready, but not looking forward to the trip lol. I baked all day long today. I didn't sit down until around 7 tonight. I had a time too. My dad's 50th bday is Sunday, so I told my mom I'd make his cake. I bought a cake mix and a brownie mix for the bake sale. I make the brownies, I separate them into two different pans. I put nuts in one of the pans. I bake them, they turn out great, a little fluffy, but great. I cut one of the pans into squares. After a while I go to make the cake. I put the mix in the bowl and look to see what I need to do. I see it says, "Mix brownies" lol. So, half my dad's cake is already cut up, the other half has nuts in it. I ran back to the store to get another cake mix. I get it, bring it home, then start to make it. I put the mix in the bowl, look to see what I need. I need 3 eggs, I have 2, lol. So I had to run back to the store, but that's alright. I called mom both times so she could laugh with me/at me lol. At least we have the ability to laugh at ourselves, otherwise we'd be pretty miserable people :) So, all in all I made, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, rice crispie treats, banana nut bread, and two cakes. Now, I just hope it all sells!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I so feel your pain!! I have done things similiar to that. Don't know that I ever thought that I was making brownies when I was making a cake but still I have plenty of boo boos..

I am confident that things will sell! Try to have a good weekend.

Courtney said...

LOL!!! Oh Michelle you sound just like me! I hope your sale does great! It all sounds so yummy:) Good Luck & let us know how it goes.
Love & Prayers,
Courtney

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Sounds delicious! I am sure everything will sell - those are all yummy things people love to buy. Bake sales always do awesome! Great idea! Hope you have a really nice weekend with your family.

-Andrea