Sunday, May 06, 2007

GOD IS SO GOOD!

We're still in Oklahoma, today is my dad's 50th bday. We have to go home tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to that, but I was so excited about yesterday I just had to get on here and update. On Friday night I was a little irritated and a bit skeptical because things didn't seem to be coming along with the fundraisers, but I prayed and put it in God's hands and He definitely came through for Jon! Yesterday Eric and I went to the car wash to meet the guy who owns it. He came and cleaned it up and then opened one stall and one vacuum for us. Eric went and put up more signs and my brother's gf (Brandi), her sister and I stayed there. Well, the guy who owns the car wash, not only let us use the car wash (for free!) he gave us $5 and then washed his own bike! Well, the very next guy who came up was an old farmer. Eric washed it and his truck was so muddy he came out covered head to toe in mud. I'll have to post pictures later. Anyways, the price we set was $5 for the outside, $10 for outside and vacuum and $15 for outside and detail. Well, he gave Eric $5 and said "You earned your $5." Well, Jon's gf's mom was there and she had been talking to the guy while his truck was being washed and she told him what we were raising money for and he said, "Oh" and walked over to his truck and got out a $100! Then the next guy came in and gave $55 plus another $50 for a second truck he was having washed! Within the first 3 hrs we had made $500! It was so amazing to see how God worked it. We had the car wash from 9-5 yesterday. You'll never guess how much money we made on the combination of the car wash and bake sale! The bake sales were sold out by 12! One of the bake sales made $460, the other made $238! Plus, to make it even more awesome, there's a group called The Down Biker's Association and they are supposed to match us! So, the grand total that they will have to match us is.... $3568.31!!!! Can you believe that from a car wash/bake sale?! God showed Himself in a major way yesterday, and it was so amazing to see it all come together. Everyone here was so supportive and generous. Eric told me, "I LOVE small town people!" lol... Me too. We were all thinking just a few hundred dollars, and that this would be the smallest profit from the fundraisers that we do. It might be, but if the other's do as well as this one does, how amazing would that be?! We're planning a lunch on the 20th now, and my sister's bf is helping with that one, and she said they always make quite a bit of money on those. Anyways, I'm pretty excited, if you can't tell. I just can't stop thanking God for all He did yesterday. Brandi called my brother and told him when we were at $3100, and he screamed, "Thank you Jesus!" Which was the recurring theme in the phone calls we made, that's what my mom and dad said too. Anyways, just thought I would share the blessing that we received for Jon. I hope you're all having a good weekend.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you!!! That is great that you earned that much money in one day!! God is good!

I hope you have fun spending time with your dad today and have a safe trip home!!!

Courtney said...

Yay!!! That is great news! You are so right. God is good! I'm so proud of you Michelle. This is all so sweet of you to spend so much time helping someone who needs it. Michelle you are good too:)

Charla said...

Oh WOW Michelle, that is so awesome!!! That was definately a work of God there!!! I am so happy things worked out so well!!!