Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Eric had lasik eye surgery done last Friday. It went really well. He had a little trouble with his eyes the first two days after the surgery, but mostly just with them itching and being a little blurry. Other than that, though, they are healing well, thank God! This is the last picture of him with his glasses, and then the first picture without them.



Since he had surgery, they gave him 7 days convalescent leave, so we're getting to spend the week together. He also is taking four days of leave the 17-20, so we can go down to Oklahoma. We would go sooner, but of course you have to sign out before going on leave, and so we can't. That's ok though. My sister's first prom (she's a sophomore server) is Friday, and she wanted me down there to help her get ready. Then my birthday is Saturday, and the fundraiser is Sunday. We went fishing yesterday and half my body got burnt, I look a little lopsided lol. Oh well, I'm planning to go stand in the sun to get the other side tomorrow lol. Hopefully the sun will cooperate with me. My brother (Matt) texted me yesterday and said he got the ring to propose to his gf (Brandi). I'm happy for him. They've had a long road getting to this point. They dated in high school, I believe they were in the 10th grade when they started dating. They were homecoming king and queen. He was the captain of the football team, she was a cheerleader. He was very much going to make her his wife. When they graduated though, it didn't go that way. She said she needed space and he moved to Nevada. She called him while he was there, but my aunt, who my brother was living with at the time, thought it was doing more harm than good, so she told her not to call her house ever again. When Matt moved back to OK, 2 yrs later, he was angry at Brandi, and wouldn't talk to her. She got engaged to a guy, and before she married him, she came to Matt to try to talk to him. He refused, and she married the guy. Well, long story short, she got a divorce after 2 yrs, and after a total of 7 years, they are back together. I'm not sure when he's going to propose, but I'm hoping while we're down there this weekend :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I did the lasik surgery back in December and I remember how bad my eyes felt that first day. I slept all day long, just to get rid of the discomfort, and then that night we had people over to play cards, yep I slept through that as well! LOL But it felt fine the next day. They said it was because my eyes were closed the whole day! go figure!

That is a cute story about your brother. I hope things work out for them...

As for the sun burn! I am so with you, I did that the other weekend. My belly and left arm was so burnt and the right arm had nothing...

Courtney said...

Congrats to your brother & I hope everything works out for them. Have fun helping your sister get ready for Prom! Matt has been talking about Lasik surgery forever & actually got info at the unit today. He's hoping to get it done next month. I'll be sure to warn him about the first couple days but he's so ready for it. He's wore glasses basically all his life & hates it!