Tuesday, April 10, 2007

We had a good Easter weekend. We went down to Oklahoma and spent it with my family. We had a really good time. It was freezing cold though, I couldn't believe it. On the way down there it snowed until OK and then it rained a good way through there too. Eric, my sister, her bf and me dyed eggs on Saturday. My mom asked when my sister was going to grow out of wanting to do that, lol....I still want to do it and she's 7 yrs younger than me. Then on Easter we hid them and hunted them lol. There are no little ones around, but I think it's pretty funny to see two 16 yr olds and a 23 and 24 yr old out hunting eggs on a freezing cold day while it's spitting snow. My brother had to work all weekend, but he came over for a few hrs on Easter and spent some time with us. We drove over (it's an hr away from my mom's) to my brother's house on Friday and my brother, his gf, my sister, her bf, Eric and myself went bowling. That was really fun. It was a great time and I thank God for the time we got to spend with them. I am in awe of how the Lord died for our sins and rose again and that we are here on earth and able to celebrate such a wonderful blessing. I thank God for all the blessing that He has given us. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend too!

4 comments:

Charla said...

Hey girl, I'm glad you had a good Easter visit with your family, despite the cold weather! I couldn't believe it was spitting snow here either! We took the kids to the Easter egg hunt on post but by the time we walked from the car to the polo field we were all half frozen, then we heard it was gonna be another hour before they were even starting the egg hunt so we just left! We came home and hid some eggs for the kids to hunt in the backyard, 5 minutes and they were back inside in the heat! LOL This weather's so crazy!!!

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time!!! Talk to ya later!!

Courtney said...

Glad you had a nice Easter & hunting eggs is so much fun. Don't think I'll grow out of it either LOL!

Michelle said...

I am glad that you had a good Easter and I still love to dye the Easter eggs too.... This is the first year that we have not done that since Nathan was born...

I like the new look of your blog!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Sounds like fun with your family. Funny that we both went bowling! I love Easter egg hunts and decorating too, especially with the kids- what a blast! Hope you are having a great weekend!

-Andrea