Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Eric called me while he was on his way to formation this morning for accountability, at 5:40 a.m. and said he had been rear ended. I guess the guy told him that he had just dropped his kids at daycare and was having a coughing fit and he didn't see him slow down. It took over and hr for everything to get squared away before Eric could leave. He called the cops, and when the cop got there they found out that where they were was not his jurisdiction, it was the forts jurisdiction lol. So they had to wait on an MP to get there. At least the guy has good insurance. I think State Farm does an excellent job when it comes to getting things taken care of. I got rear ended once too and the lady had State Farm and before I even got to my mom's house they had called to tell me what to do. It was awesome. Anyways, they've already called Eric too, and told him to take it wherever he wanted and it would all be taken care of. Awesome customer service. We leave on the 23rd from here, and the packers are coming tomorrow, the movers on Friday, so Eric probably won't be able to take the truck in until Monday. Hopefully the body shop will be able to get it done within the week. He's going to take it today so they can tell him how long it will take to do the job. He can't drop it off until Monday though, because we have to have the truck to put the things we don't want them to take in the move. Oh well, if they can't get it done in time, we can always do it when we get where we're going. At least nobody was hurt!

I can't wait to get out of here. It seems like these last two weeks will never end!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about your husand but at least no one was hurt! I tried to get State Farm insurance for us when we got out here but no one would call me back for a freaking quote! That semms to happen here alot, NO ONE is in a hurry to do anything! You call almosst any business and ask them to call you back and you wait at least a week for a return phone call. It is very frustrating when you are trying to get something done. But I still love this island. LOL
I can't believe that you guys are moving so soon. I know you can't wait for it to happen. Remember to take it easy NO heavy lifting and remember to get your rest!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Glad that Eric was uninjured! We love our insurance(USAA) as well, when we were rear ended while stationed in Alaska our insurance did an amazing job making it as stress-free and easy as possible.

Those last few weeks before moving, a husband coming home from a deployment, or a baby being born always seem to take their sweet time! Hope it starts to fly by for you guys!

-Andrea

Courtney said...

Oh gosh that's awful but I'm so glad that Eric wasn't hurt. We had State Farm forever & loved it but then later had to change to Nation Wide. They are both very similar with making everything very easy in those situations.
Good luck with the move & take it easy. Let Eric do all the hard work. LOL! I'm so happy for you. I know you have wanted this for a long time.
Have a great weekend!