Friday, October 12, 2007

Today has been a wonderful day. It's our five year anniversary. I'm so thrilled to get to spend my life with Eric. His love has been such a blessing to me and I'm so thankful that God put us together when He did. He has blessed our marriage and I'm so grateful for everything. Last year we weren't able to spend the day together, since Eric was still overseas, but this past, almost, year that he's been home has been so wonderful. It's amazing how much a year can change things. This time last year I was planning his homecoming, making signs and getting the house ready. In the past year, my husband came home, I've lost both of my grandpa's, gained a sister-in-law, lost a ton of weight and got my dream of being pregnant with our first baby. Not all of the things have been good, but it's so wonderful to know that no matter what I have the Lord, my wonderful husband and a family that I couldn't imagine not having.

We had the ultrasound today, and everything looks good. The baby was very active and wouldn't hold still the whole time. The baby was so adorable and even gave us the thumbs up.
The radiologist said he's not allowed to tell us what the sex of the baby is because apparently somewhere someone was told they were having either a boy/girl and it turned out they had the opposite and so they sued the hospital, and won. They got not only the money for doing the nursery but also pain and suffering. So, he couldn't technically tell us. Instead, he said, "There's the umbilical cord," moved the thing a little and said, "and there's not the umbilical cord." We're having a boy! Eric and I are both thrilled. Of course we would have been no matter what was seen or not seen. The radiologist kept waiting for the baby to tire and quit bouncing around, but even though we were in there for an hour and 15 mins, the baby refused to settle down. The guy said he hopes he's not quite as active when he gets bigger or he's gonna hurt me lol. Everything looks good though, he has all his little fingers and toes, his little heart is working wonderfully and he's measuring exactly (to the day) what he measured in the first ultrasound. So, the expected due date stays the same, Feb 19, 2008. Here's a couple more pictures of the little one, one is of his face and he's got his little finger on his face and the other is of his little feet.

7 comments:

Glo said...

So you going have a shaker and a mover on your hands....Get your running shoes on. Also Happy 5th Anniversary.

I will tell you my son hardly moved while I was Pregant,but when he came into this world.....He's what gave me early gray hair. heehee
Then my daughter was the mover and just the other way when she was born....good little girl. Love to play for hours by herself.
So just be prepared for anything.

Love and again Congrats...

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Congratulations on five years! And on your little boy...how exciting! I adore having a boy - it's a shocker after having a girl though, they are TOTALLY different. I definitely have a momma's boy - hope you will too. There's nothing quite so wonderful in the entire world.

-Andrea

Courtney said...

Happy Anniversary Michelle & Eric!
And... Yay!!! It's a boy! I knew it. I knew it lol! I'm so happy for you & I love the pictures you can see his little face. So precious. Your gonna be such a great mommy Michelle. Oh & I can't believe someone actually sued over that. That is just too crazy! I mean what ever happened to just being thankful to become parents? C

Monica said...

Happy Anniversary! Yeah on finding out you are having a boy! Jacob was quite the kicker while in me, and still is. My Gracie was born Feb 18, maybe she will have a birthday to share. Hope you had a great day!

Charla said...

Awwww yay congratulations michelle..that's so great!!! I have lots of boy stuff if you need anything..lol!!! Love you guys!!!

vanessa said...

Yeah a boy!!! congrats
My eyes got all teary when I read the news, it's just so exciting and makes me happy to see you so happy. I can't believe it's been a year since your hubby came home.
Happy anniversary! You guys are going to have a long beautiful life together:)
take care
v

kbug said...

Congrats on five years...my hubby and I are about to celebrate 35 next month. Sometimes it doesn't seem possible that we've been married so long, but other times it seems like we've always been together.

It's so exciting that you're having a boy...I'm kind of partial to boys, ya know, with three of my own...go figure..... :) Just get ready for a very active life, though...boys are so physically demanding. Oh my gosh, that's so exciting..... :D