Monday, October 08, 2007

Well, it's official, my brother's a married man now. That's the weirdest thing to say lol. Things went great though, it was a beautiful wedding. The rehearsal was long and a little sketchy, but the wedding went off without a hitch and everything was great. I put a slideshow together for them that they played before the ceremony started, and it went over well. I cried pretty much from the time I got to my place through the whole ceremony. Although my brother told me thanks for not blubbering like he did during my wedding lol. They couldn't get the unity candle lit, but they didn't let it bother them and we got a laugh from that. So, a word to the wise, make sure the wick is actually sticking out of the candle before the wedding lol. When the ceremony was finished, and we were walking out, the groomsman that I walked with said, "well you held it together good." lol... I said, "yeah I did, didn't I?" geez. Anyways, we had cake there at the church and then they had a dance reception at a opera house museum thing. It was beautiful. They had a dj there and they had a mother/son dance and a father/daughter dance. Then they had a $1 dance. I hadn't ever heard of that, but you pay $1 to dance with either the groom or bride. So, we did that and I don't know how much they made in total, but quite a bit. Plus, one of our cousins came in from Montana and was an usher, but he bought my new SIL a camcorder and my brother a guitar! Well that blew our gifts out of the water that we got them, lol. Anyways, I think they did pretty good and we had a good time. My poor baby was kicking me cause the music was so loud lol. I don't think he/she liked that very much. Several of my brother's friends had come down from where he used to go to college, so after the dance they went to the bar. Somehow, Eric and I got roped into being dd for my cousins, brother and SIL. I'm glad they asked though, because I'd much rather do that than them drive and something happen. So, I was exhausted by the end of the night. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a bed. Things went great though and I'm just so thrilled for both Matt & Brandi (my brother and SIL). I wish them a lifetime of happiness together and may God bless their marriage.

This pic is me, my mom, brother, dad, sister

me, brother, sister

brother and new sil


whole wedding party, those in very front were ushers

new sil, I love this pic

brother and sil

mother/son dance

6 comments:

Glo said...

What a beautiful wedding. I know your glad it's over. Hope you din't over do. Get some rest now. So the baby didn't like loud music....hopefully that doesn't change when he/she gets older.
Take care. Love ya.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Looks and sounds like a beautiful wedding. The pictures are great! Eve always kicked a lot in my womb when we played music in the car with the bass turned up. We just thought she was dancing! :)

-Andrea

Courtney said...

Beautiful pictures. You looked great girl! I think Andrea's right that baby was just dancin along with everyone else. lol
Get some rest this week. Weddings are exhausting! lol

Charla said...

Hey girl, great pics and a big Congratulations to your brother and new SIL!

You look great, but I don't even see a baby bump!! LOL You've gotta share some belly pictures soon..we all love those!! :)

I'm so happy you're at the point of feeling the baby move..that is the greatest milestone of the pregnancy I think!!

Take care hun!!!

BTW..I like the changes to your page too..out with the old and in with the new!! :)

vanessa said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. You look very pretty, a glowing mama to be!
take care

ABW said...

Great pictures!

My oldest daughter loved it when I played music while I was pregnant.

Enjoy feeling those kicks!