Wednesday, March 12, 2008



Monday our beautiful baby boy turned 6 wks old. Monday was also 8 wks since we buried my dad and two months since he passed. Life is strange. Monday also was when my sister played her first golf tournament and it happened to have been here where we live, so we were able to go and watch her play the last 9 holes. She did really good for her first time. She's only been on the team for a couple weeks and she scored a 125. I'm so proud of her. I was very glad we were able to go and watch her play. She's so beautiful and talented, I couldn't be more proud. My brother loves golf too, he's the one who encouraged her to join this year so he's ecstatic that's she's playing. While we were watching she was down at one hole and Eric, Ryan and I were above where she was. I told Eric I sure wished Dad was there, he would have yelled "yatta hey!" as loud as he could, not caring that he was at a golf tournament where you're supposed to be quiet lol. He was always proud of his kids and he always wanted them to know he was there supporting them, even if it did embarrass us to death. :)


4 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You are on my heart Michelle. Reading your blogs about your father, over the last couple of months, has prompted me to cherish mine all the more.

How awesome that you were able to watch your sister play golf! I hope sher goes far!

Love the picture of your husband and your sweet boy. Probably my favorite picture so far!

-Andrea

kbug said...

What a sweet, sweet picture of your little family. I haven't been around for a while, so I had to read back through your posts to catch up with everything. My heart aches for you when you speak of missing your father. I still miss my mom, 13 years later, and I still tear up when I talk about her...that may never change...but it's not as painful now. As long as we remember them, they're not really gone, though...and I plan on remembering her the rest of my life, as I'm sure you'll remember your dad the rest of yours. How could we ever forget. Blessings on you and your family..... :)

vanessa said...

Your baby boy is getting so big. Time never slows down when we want it to.
I can't bare to think what it would be like with out my father. My heart goes out to you. You know your dad is there watching over you and your sister and your sweet baby. I'm sure he did yell out when she was playing golf:)
Take care.
V

Glo said...

Enjoy your first Easter with your son. What a blessing. Cute pic.