Thursday, July 10, 2008

Eric's gone. He left yesterday morning. Ryan is already keeping me occupied. Although time's going by extremely slow. It's only been a day but it feels like a month already lol. Oh geez. Sometimes the life of a military wife just isn't all it's cracked up to be. That's alright though, Eric's definitely worth it :) I was planning on going to my mom's house but Ryan's in a terrible mood today (thank God for naps) so figured it best to stay home and deal with it here instead of there. With Eric gone the house is so super quiet. I'm kinda worried that Ryan will get scared of people lol. Of course I take him around people but at the house there's nobody but him and me. I taped Eric reading a bedtime story to Ryan so that I can play it for him so he doesn't forget his voice. Last night he woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep so I played it for him and his eyes got really wide and he smiled real big and started looking around for his daddy. It was so cute. He loves his daddy. Boy do I hope this time goes quickly.

Today is also six months since my daddy passed away. Half a year without the strongest most wonderful man I've ever met. Just doesn't seem possible. I don't want it to be possible. I still find myself waiting on him to come back or looking for him every time we go to mom's. I miss him terribly.

4 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Those first few days without our husbands are the worst! I hope you get settled into a new routine quickly... and hopefully before you know it Eric will be coming home!

I am so sorry for your broken heart, Michelle. I hope that the good, wonderful, special memories you have stored up from time spent with your Dad will comfort you. I'm really so very sorry.

-Andrea

vanessa said...

Best wishes to you through this rough time. How long is Eric gone for? Hope all goes well and time flies for you.
V

kbug said...

There's nothing anyone can say that will keep you from missing your dad. I lost my mom nearly 14 years ago...and I still miss her.

Hopefully, Eric will be home before Ryna misses him too much..... :)

Sandy said...

I'm sorry you lost your dad. I'm much older than you but lost my dad January 16th, my birthday. Not a good birthday present!

You sound like such a good person, hang in there. I hope people surround you with love to help you get through all this.