Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Eric left yesterday. My mom and sister went with me to take him to the airport. My mom didn't want me to drive by myself all the way home. It was a lot worse this time then it was the first time. Watching him walk onto the plane, it felt like my heart was being ripped out. I was trying to be strong for him, but I couldn't hold back my tears. I am grateful that the airport let me go down to the gate to tell him goodbye. We got to spend the last hour and a half alone, and that was really nice. It passed by way too quickly, just like the other 15 days had. I woke up and rolled over in bed expecting him to be there, but quickly realized that I was wrong.

It was so wonderful having him home with me. Having him in bed next to me each night, and each morning. We had so much fun while he was here. The theme to his R&R was, "Crap, I forgot my camera!" We got tons of pictures when I did remember the camera, but it seemed like everywhere we went I was forgetting the camera. I forgot it at the zoo, the Omniplex, the River Walk, and in the car at airport yesterday. Thankfully my mom and sister ran down to the car to get it for me. The first three nights, when we were alone, were so amazing. We went to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill. It was so good! We went and watched, "Failure to Launch," and "RV". Both good movies. We walked down the River Walk in downtown OKC, it's so beautiful there. We went to the Omniplex and watched a movie at the Imax Theater. It's a huge room, and the screen goes from floor, all the way up onto the ceiling, and it stretches all across the room. It's huge. The film we watched was about Greece. Then we went to the zoo. I hadn't been for so long, and it was really neat.

After our time together alone was over, we went to meet his mom. The surprise went off so smoothly. I had her meet me at a restaurant, I told her I had a dentist appt up there that day. So, his mom and sister and his sister's friend came to meet me. Eric hid behind a pillar by the door. I called and told his mom that I was in Eric's pickup because my jeep had a flat tire (ironically my jeep did have a flat tire that day). So when she got there we walked up to the door, and before we went in I told her that I told Eric I would get a picture of them for him. So, I got my camera out (yes, I remembered it that time), and got it ready and then Eric came over and stepped into it. When his mom realized it was him she instantly started crying. She said "That's the best Mother's Day present ever!" YAY!!! It was so wonderful. I think that this picture is priceless.


So, after we stayed with his mom a few days we came down to my parent's house and they had my birthday party for me. I actually got two, one up there and one down here. We went to Mt. Scott, and did a little hiking. It is so beautiful up there! We had a blast just being together. Eric said that it was the best 15 days of his life, I agree. We did everything that we wanted to do, plus some. We even went out on the lake in a canoe. That was the first time I had ever done that, and it was a lot of fun. I did forget though, that you don't stay out in Oklahoma sun for very long without some sort of sunscreen. That's ok, it was totally worth it!

I am so thankful for the time that we had together, but wish that it wasn't over. I hope that the next part of this deployment goes by a lot quicker than the first part does, but somehow I doubt it does. It's lonely without him here, and I want nothing more than to be able to go to sleep and wake up with him here again. Sorry this post was so long. I'll put up pictures of our time together in a little bit.

0 comments: