Sunday, May 28, 2006

It's been a long couple of days here. I started my new job at the daycare. It's just part time, whenever they need me, but it will give me something to do since there's no school right now. They have the cutest kids. There is one with down syndrome, he's 2 years old and he has little glasses that he hate to wear. We kept finding one of the other little boys wearing them instead. It was so cute and funny. Saturday my sister asked me if I would babysit her friend's baby for the night. I've known her friend from the time she was born, she's only 15 and she had a baby last year. Her mom and dad divorced a couple years ago, and they both pretty much just tossed her out on her own. She lives with her dad, but it seems like every other day she's being thrown out of his house. She's not allowed at her mom's anymore, and I feel really badly for her and the baby. I would love to just take the baby and adopt her, but of course I can't do that. So, I agreed to watch her for the night. She is such a wonderful baby. She'll be one next month, and she's very active, but she was such a joy to watch. I just love her to death. Her mom had her dressed in an outfit that was way too small for her when we picked her up so my sister and I went and bought her a new outfit and a pair of shoes, she's so adorable. I know that her mom does the best she can for being 15, but I still think that her parents (the baby's grandparents) need to be kicked in the butt for not making sure they are both taken care of.

I'm trying to find a place back up in Kansas. I've been calling and emailing people, but so far haven't found what I'm looking for. I want a place that has a washer/dryer (or at least the hookups) and allows pets. Those are really the only two things that I want, but it seems like an impossibility around those parts. I can find all kinds of one but not the other. So my search continues. I hope to find one before August, when all the college students start coming back. I'm not a big fan of moving and I'm beginning to wonder why in the world I even came down here to begin with. Not just because I don't like moving, but for several reasons.

Having Eric away again is harder this time than it was the first. On the one hand it seems like he's been gone forever, on the other it's like the days have been dragging since he left. Man, I hope the rest of the time doesn't go by like this.

I pray that everyone takes some time to remember the troops that have sacrificed everything to give us the freedoms that we enjoy today. It's not about the long weekend or the cookouts. It's about the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for us and everything that we take for granted each and every day. I wish everyone would understand that our men and women do this for us, and not take advantage of the fact that we are free because of them. God Bless the troops and their families!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Hang in there! You'll make it. I promise! Just keep yourself busy. I hope you find exactly what your looking for with a home Soon!

kbug said...

Yes, the grandparents should be kicked in their butts...I would never do that to one of my kids. Katie is trying to get base housing before Seth gets back...so I know what you're going through. She just has to wait for an opening, though, you have to hunt. Try an apartment locator, they're usually free, and can wear out their shoes hunting.

Hang in there, girl, we're getting there..... :)

Courtney said...

Don't worry the days will start going faster. They always seem to slow down once he first leaves and it makes it feel like forever til he comes home for good. But they will eventually gain back their momentum and start flying by. Til then hang in there.