Friday, January 19, 2007

I can't believe it's Friday again already. Thank you for all the nice comments that you all left on my last entry, I really appreciate them. Charla asked me how I have lost all the weight, so I thought I'd answer that for this "Gettin' Fit Friday". The way I have lost all the weight is by working at it, hard. I started out right after Eric left for Iraq and I walked on a treadmill for 30 mins a few times a week. Then I went up to 45 mins a day everyday. Then around the time that Eric came home for R&R my mom bought a stationary bike and I started riding that 30 mins, twice a day, four days a week. The other 3 days I was doing Tae Bo. Now I ride the bike 30 mins twice a day everyday, except I have started doing Tae Bo again for the good ab workout. Every week I try and give myself a rest though so that I don't burn myself out. I usually take either Thursday or Friday and cut my workout in half. I also cut out soda all together, and I drink a ton of water. I don't eat sweets except on a very rare occassions. I have loosened up on myself recently since I'm so close to where I want to be, I decided not to be so hard on myself when I give myself a break. When I started out I absolutely refused to cut myself any slack because I knew how I was. If I would have given myself a break I would have stopped all together and I would have stayed where I was. I knew that I had to keep myself on track or I wouldn't do what I had to do. I also prayed alot while I was working out. I just kept saying, "Lord give me the strength I need to keep going." Now I love the workouts. I made up my mind that I had to do what I had to do to get myself under control. I wasn't happy with myself and I hated that. I just can't explain how good it feels to go into the stores that have the clothes that I never used to be able to wear and pick things out to wear and them actually fit me. It's amazing. Anyways, that's what I've done to lose my weight and keep myself motivated to keep going.

I have an appt the 23rd to consult with the surgeon about my gallbladder. I'm not looking forward to that, but I know I have to get something done with it. I went and got a checkup a couple weeks ago and the dr asked me if I smoked, I said no. She asked if I drink, I said no. She asked if I exercise, I said yes. She said, "it just doesn't seem fair that you have gallstones, you do everything right." I agree, it's not fair, lol. But I guess the way I used to live caught up with me. Oh well. Eric took a PT test yesterday and did an excellent job. He did better than he's ever done and I was so proud of him. He had to take it for his packet, he's trying for the Green to Gold Active Duty Option, and so his PT test that he took will look really good in his packet.

I started classes on Monday. I had to drop my anatomy class because it turns out that that particular one doesn't transfer and I need the credits to transfer so I can be a junior when I enroll in the university I'm going to go to. So now I'm taking, Intro to Computers, Web Site Construction, Political Science and Physical Science w/ Lab. I'm not sure what I got myself into, I just hope I can pull it off, lol.

3 comments:

Charla said...

Hey girl, I'm happy to see you've joined in Gettin' Fit again! It's so awesome that you've stuck with your work-out routine for so long! GREAT JOB!!!! That's the hardest part for me, just staying motivated to do it!! LOL Hopefully this time I can get it to stick!!

I hope everything goes well with your gallbladder situation. It really doesn't seem fair that you're living a healthy life-style and still dealing with this! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Good luck with school! I hope everything goes well with all that too! Oh, and congratulations to Eric for kicking butt on his PT test too!! LOL :)

~~Charla~~

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

What a great weight loss plan!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you go talk to the surgeon. Hope it all is smooth and uncomplicated.

- Andrea

kbug said...

I'm sure you'll do fine with all your classes...and don't worry too much about the gall bladder surgery, you'll feel so much better afterwards when you have no more pains.

As for losing weight...the key word is determination. You definitely had that. I have a quote from a Hawaiian philosopher on my desk that I look at quite often. It says..."All it takes to change your life is purpose, desire, and persistence." I truly believe that and have seen it work in my life.