Friday, January 12, 2007

Well, Charla wants to bring back "Gettin' Fit Friday" so I'll join in again. I have been doing good at keeping myself on track, and despite the holidays I was able to keep on top of things. I didn't overeat and I kept exercising the whole time. My support system has been awesome and they have definitely helped me keep going through my down moments. I think that's a big part of keeping things going. You have to have a support system that is willing to back you up. I put 100% of myself in the Lord's hands and I know that He is the reason that I have been able to keep going. Before this time I have tried many times to lose weight and wasn't able to keep myself motivated enough to get anywhere with it. I would ask Eric to go walking with me, and he would, but I would whine the whole time and end up giving up. When he left thoughI turned it over to God and asked for help and I have been going ever since. I also think that a big thing is that you need to be ready for the change. I was tired of being overweight and tired of not liking the way I looked. I was ready to stop feeling sorry for myself and get up and do something about it. My family has been awesome and they are always encouraging me and telling me how proud of me they are. My brother, who used to very rarely ever complimented me, has been telling me how pretty I look and gave me the best compliment I think I've ever received. He told mom that Eric fell into a gold mine with me. I thought that was so sweet. Then of course there's Eric. He has been a big motivating factor for me. Yesterday he wrapped his arms around me and said, "come here my skinny wife." Music to my ears. So, to date I have went down 13 inches in my waist and I have lost 87 pounds. I have approximately 5 pounds before I am at my goal weight. I never thought I would be this close and I'm so proud of myself. Nothing beats that feeling. Here's a picture of me that Eric took today in my new shirt.



Also, we're not moving until the fall semester. The military sure does have a way of not rushing things, especially when it comes to paperwork. Oh well, I really wasn't too disappointed about it when Eric told me. Of course I did pack almost everything, but I figure we only have about 6 months left here and we are for sure going in the fall, so it's no big deal. I'm actually looking forward to staying here for a little while, considering we just barely moved into this place. Plus, with everything else, like having to have surgery and needing to take care of various other things, it's better we stay here for now. It will also give me a chance to catch up to Eric in school work and we will end up graduating with our bachelor's at the same time, which I think will be pretty neat. All in all I know that it's better that we stay here, the Lord has a plan for us, that's for sure.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Michelle you look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You look gorgeous! Absolutely! I'll bet that nothing beats the feeling you've got. That is an awesome! Some people only wish, but you accomplished. Really happy for you!

-Andrea

kbug said...

Wow, you look great!!! I heard so much of myself in what you said. Having lost 50 pounds just 4 years ago and having kept it off, I know just how great you feel. It gives you a whole new outlook on life...... :)

Charla said...

I am SOOOOOOOO proud of you Michelle. That is so awesome that you've lost that much weight. You look GREAT!!!!! Maybe you should have started the Gettin' Fit Friday!!! LOL I was talking to Court and we decided that we're both gonna start calling you for motivation!!! LOL I'm so happy for you though! I can't imagine what the feeling must be to know that you've worked hard and finally achieved your goal wieght. PLEASE tell me how you did it!!! I have about 85 ponuds to lose to be at my ideal weight!! Talk to ya soon!!
((BIG HUGS))
~~Charla~~

Michelle said...

YOu look beautiful.. I am so proud of you!!! Glad to hear that you don't have to move until the fall. Good luck with your classes

Monica said...

You look great! Glad everything is going good for you guys.