Friday, January 05, 2007

The past couple months I keep getting this intense pain in my back and it comes up and settles right between my rib cage. I've ignored it as best I could, but on Tuesday it got so bad that I couldn't stand it anymore. I called my mom and she said to go to the hospital, so Eric took me. I hate the hospital. I was so sick though. I went and they hooked me up to an IV and gave me some pain medicine that knocked me out. They said it was my gallbladder and I had to go yesterday and get an ultrasound done on it. I have gallstones. Which means I have to have surgery. The dr told me yesterday that it's not infected and since I wasn't in pain right now it's not an emergency and that the surgery department would be getting ahold of me sometime to set up an appt. They called today but I wasn't here. So I tried to call them back but they were gone by that time, so I'll have to wait until they call me again. I'm going to see if they can do the laser surgery and just dissolve the stones instead of taking the whole thing. I'm not a fan of having to have one of my organs taken out. If everything goes ok I'm going to wait until we get to OK before I have the surgery though, that way I won't have to worry about it now, but we'll have to see. The way it looks we might have to wait until the fall to go down there anyways, but it's in the Lord's hands and we'll just have to wait to see what happens.

6 comments:

Charla said...

Hey girl, sorry to hear you've been sick. :( I'm glad that you finally decided to go to the Dr and get checked out though. It's good that they caught your gallbladder problems this early though, before it causes more serious problems. That sucks that you guys have to wait 'till fall to come down, but we'll still be here when you get here so we'll see you then! :) Take care of yourself and I really hope you feel better soon!!!! ((BIG HUGS())

~~Charla~~

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear about your gallbladder. I think that is so cool that you and Charla are gonna be close together when you move to OK. It will be good for her to have a friend there. I know how hard it is to move somewhere new and not have any friends and I am sure you understand that too.

Courtney said...

My mother in law had hers taken out awhile back & she said it's not bad at all. She went in that morning & was out that afternoon. So sorry your feeling bad though. Make Eric take care of you ok. My orders!!!!! LOL

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

That sounds really painful! I too am a fan of having all my organs inside my body so I hope they can do the laser surgery on you. Glad your husband is home to take care of you.

You are so patient with your move- I am so not- wish my approach could be more like yours. Have a great day!

-Andrea

Monica said...

Sorry you are not feeling too great. Glad you got it checked out though, as it can become serious. I had a classmate who waited too long and he is no longer here. I had mine out, and it wasn't bad. Much better without the pain. Hope you feel better soon.

kbug said...

Don't wait too long to have the surgery. My Dad had his taken out a year after he had his first bad attack, and ended up having a second attack that was just as bad as the first. The special diet didn't help one bit, it just prolonged the misery. He should have had the surgery the first time, but he's a very stubborn man. He's good now, though, and can eat anything he wants again.....who needs an old gall bladder anyway..... lol.