Sunday, January 28, 2007

The surgery went well. My mom and grandma came up to be with me, which was really nice. I had to be there at 6 a.m. on Friday, and they got me going pretty quickly. I figured I would have to wait for a long time, but by 7:30 a.m. I was in the holding area, and the surgeon and anesthesiologist were back there talking to me. Eric was able to stay with me up until they took me in, which made me feel a lot better. It was an outpatient surgery, so when I was done they took me to the recovery room. After I woke up they took me back to the room I had originally been in and I had to stay there until I was able to eat a little and was feeling alert enough to walk without difficulty. I went home about 12:30 p.m. I was really sore the rest of that day and yesterday was pretty bad as far as pain goes too, but today I feel much better. My stomach is all swollen and I still don't feel like doing anything, but it's getting better and I'm thankful for that. Eric has been taking really good care of me and insisting that I take it easy and relax, and that's felt really good. He's taken on everything as far as household duties for the time being, which takes a load off my mind. He's been great. My mom and grandma left yesterday, but it was so good having them here. I was surprised that they came up, but it did make me feel better. All in all everything is going good and after it quits hurting and the swelling goes down I know I'll be grateful that it's over with.

4 comments:

Charla said...

Hey girl, I'm really glad your surgery went well! Hopefully you'll be back to new in no time at all!

I kinda understand the pain though! I had a Laproscopic Tubal Ligation last December and I was in quite a bit of pain the first couple days, but after that I felt fine!

That's really sweet that Eric is taking such good care of you! Keep ahold of him girl, men like that don't come around very often...lol!!! Take care!!!

Charla

Glo said...

So glad everything went well for you. You and Eric are still in our prayers. Take care of yourself and do what the Doctor tells you. as for Eric, he's a keeper.
Love and God bless,
Glo

kbug said...

Surgery is scary no matter what kind it is....I'm so glad it all went well. You will feel so much better in a few days. It sounds like you have a great guy taking care of you. Hang tough, cookie!!!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Wow!! Sorry I am so late on this! Glad it went well- I was thinking of you. I hope that this week went easy for you and the pain is gone. Thank God for loving husbands! Hope you have a nice weekend.

-Andrea