Monday, December 10, 2007

Eric and I went to a dinner for the ROTC. They were commissioning two of the seniors for this semester. I was nervous, but it ended up being alright. I always get nervous when I have to go to those things. Eric was introducing me to people and he kept saying, "This is my wife, Chelle (he never calls me Michelle lol)," then he'd pat my stomach and say, "and this is our little one." lol. After a few times of doing that I kindly asked him to stop lol. I thought it was so cute that he's so excited about our baby, but I'd rather not have people stare and/or try to feel my belly. He's so sweet though, and I love him more with each passing day. I thank God that He put Eric in my life and that we have been able to develop the friendship and marriage that we have.

We have finals this week, starting tomorrow. It rained most of the night and so it's very icy here today. Eric said our tree outside is bent all the way over with the weight of the ice. I'm taking his word for it, it's too cold for me to go check lol. So, we skipped out on class this morning, I hate having to drive or ride when the weather is bad. If they don't cancel class tomorrow, I'll have no choice. Well, I guess there's always the choice of staying home and taking a zero on the test. I'd rather ride in the bad weather. I'm taking time off from school, since the baby will be here next semester, so this is my last week of school for a while. I was looking forward to graduating next to Eric, but being with our baby is much more important than a degree I won't be using for some time anyways. Family is my top priority, always.

2 comments:

vanessa said...

Good luck on your test but be very careful out there. I saw the news and it looks pretty scary out there. I was just telling DH that I want to look at the map again to see if there was another way to CA cause I don't want to drive through the middle of the country because of the ice storms.
Take care and stay WARM.

Courtney said...

My sister in law lives in Oklahoma City & she her electric is out because of the storm. She said it's awful. So yes you guys be careful!! We had Matt's Christmas party this weekend to & I know what ya mean. After being introduced 3/4 times it kinda gets annoying...LOL!! I'm glad your getting some time off before the baby gets here & it won't be long Yay!!!