Thursday, February 14, 2008

Andrea started a Valentine's Day Lovefest so I think I'll join in and tell my story of how Eric and I met. Our story is a little more uninteresting than some, but nevertheless it's our story and I'm proud that we're together so it's special to me :)

I graduated in 2002, I was dating a guy who was a complete jerk and I was more or less headed down a path of destruction for myself. I moved out of my parents house into my own apartment. The guy I was dating lived 2 hrs away and pretty much would only come down if I paid his way. It was quite charming to say the least. I took him to meet my parents (boy I wish I hadn't done that now, they never should have had to endure that). My dad (who was the most protective of dads) nodded his head for me to leave the room, I did. He looked the guy in the eyes and told him simply if he hurt me he'd kill him. That was one of the last times I seen the guy lol. I was supposed to go see him one night and my car got smashed by a semi. After that it was over. So, I was broken hearted and was online one evening at my apartment. I came across this guy who looked like a guy I went to high school with. We talked for a while (of course he wasn't the guy from high school) and after talking several times we exchanged phone numbers. The first time we talked on the phone we talked for 7 hours. He was sweet and honest and cared about what I was saying. It was amazing, I didn't know that there were guys who still acted like that. From the time I was a little girl I wanted a guy who would treat me like my dad treated my mom. Someone who would light up when I walked in the room. I met that guy online. After talking on the phone for I don't know how long he drove to see me, he lived two hrs away (and he paid for it himself lol). I didn't have a car still (he ended up taking me to look for one and helped me pick it out), so he had to make all the trips himself for quite a while. He did and that was one of the ways I knew he was the right one for me. He treated me like a princess and when I took him to meet my family my dad gave me the nod for me to leave the room. I did and my dad told him "See that bat sitting over there? You hurt my daughter and I'll kill you with it." Eric looked dad in the eyes and said, "You don't have to worry about it sir." He never did either, and a few times after that dad was telling me to take care of his boy. lol Five years of marriage later, I'm happier than I've ever been with this man. Every day he lets me know how much I mean to him just by his simple actions. God has blessed us with a wonderful relationship and a beautiful son and I look forward to the years that we will share together.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Glo said...

Great Love story. Look at you two today...a Mom and Dad. I have something for you over at my blog. Have a great Day. "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.

Glo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glo said...

My computer is being crazy today. Sorry I had to delete.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Michelle - how beautiful your story is - and how loving your father was in taking care of his girl. I know from reading your blog how crazy you and Eric are about each other -what a blessing to your father to see you happily married to a great guy.

And now you have your sweet Ryan Tommy!

Hope you guys had a very special day together!

-Andrea

Courtney said...

Awww! I love your story. You guys are so cute & simply perfect for each other.
Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!