Monday, February 11, 2008

Yesterday was a month since my dad passed. It was a very difficult day. It doesn't seem to be getting easier. They say it doesn't for a long time, that's not very comforting. My grandma told my mom it took her 7 months before she didn't cry almost every day after losing my grandpa. We'll get through, we have each other. I just really don't understand why he's gone. I don't think I ever will. God has His reasons, I don't have to understand I guess.

My baby is two weeks old today. That seems impossible too. We took him to church yesterday for the first time. The preacher had us come up front with him. He had us come up the week after dad passed away too so that mom could say a few words. He had told the congregation about dad and how important he was to the starting of the church so many years ago. So this week he reminded everybody of dad's promotion to be with the Lord (I think that's a comforting way of thinking about it) just before Ryan's birth and had us come up so they could see the new grandbaby. I love that church and the Lord is really moving in there. I really wish we could make it there every Sunday though. I'm just glad we live close enough to be able to go every couple weeks now. It brings me lots of comfort. My sister also got a picture of him sucking his thumb. He doesn't usually do that and it was the cutest thing (ok, maybe I'm a little partial) :) I love him so much. He's doing really good. He has his two week check up on Wednesday. I love him with all my heart he's such a huge blessing in our lives.


1 comments:

Glo said...

Sorry your still hurting,but I do understand. It took me sometime to at peace with my Mom being gone. Our prayer are with you. May just know God give you the peace you need. Little Ryan is cute little man.