Monday, February 04, 2008


My poor little guy had to spend Friday night in the hospital. We had an appt that day for his first checkup and he had jaundice so they had to keep him and put him under the lights overnight. He got out Saturday afternoon and we have another appt today to make sure that his levels are still down. I sure hope they are cause I'm tired of that hospital and I hated seeing him under those darn lights. We couldn't take him out all day and night and the little guy did so good. He had to wear little goggles for his eyes and I felt so bad for him. It broke my heart. My mom and sister came down on Friday, they had been planning on it anyways, but they went ahead and came and stayed with us until Sunday. My mom was wanting to help us out and let me get some sleep. She said she felt like she didn't get to do much since we were in the hospital for one of the nights she was here but it was wonderful just having her here and I think she was an amazing help. She's such an amazing lady and I love her so much.


Yesterday was pretty rough for me. After my mom and sister went home we went to the store and I stayed in the car with Ryan. I was sitting there thinking and it hit me pretty hard that Dad won't be able to hold his grandbaby. I didn't have time to think this past week and yesterday it really just hit me. It really just breaks my heart. This Thursday he will have been gone a month. It seems unreal and I really would rather live in denial about that. I don't know if that's healthy but it sure doesn't hurt as bad.

2 comments:

Glo said...

Remember we're just an email away if you need us. Some times talking about it can help you heal.Here if you need me. Hope your feeling much better today.
Love You.

Courtney said...

Like Glo said we are all here for you if you need to talk. I'll even give you my number if you ever need to talk. We all love ya! I really wish I knew what to say to make things better but I think noone really can. I do believe over time it will get easier. Not easy but just easier because losing a parent can never be "easy". I hope baby Ryan is better. Poor lil guy!!
I just love that pic of you all. You both look so happy with him. Perfect lil family=)