Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Monday was a very eventful day for us. Starting sometime either Friday or Saturday I started having contractions, but they weren't too bad. We rented movies on Saturday and Eric timed them but they were very irregular and eventually subsided. I was having pain around my lower back and front but it felt more like a bladder infection or something. On Sunday I didn't get any sleep I was in so much pain. On Monday I went through the day trying to find a spot that was comfortable for me. It felt like I had a really bad infection so I called my mom to see what I should do. She said to call and ask the people what I should do. It was around 6 p.m. when I called and they told me it sounded like one too and to either come in or wait until Tuesday and see if I could make an appt. I was in tears so I told Eric to take me up there so I could get an antibiotic. We went up there, they took me to an observation room and checked me to make sure everything was ok. The first nurse checked and said she thought I was at a 6. I was totally blown away, I had no clue. She said she wanted to make sure so she called in another nurse, that nurse said a little over a 6, so they called in the dr. The dr checked and said I was an 8 and 100%. It was so unexpected, I told Eric to call my mom. He called all the family, both sides. I felt really dumb cause I had no clue I was in real labor lol. So they took me to a room and got me set up. By the time we got to the hospital and got in a room it was around 7. By 8 I was to a 10. The dr said "well it must be nice to be in labor and not know it" lol. I would have been ready to push but they decided to go ahead and let my body get used to it so they told me to just work through it. I did and around 9 I started pushing. My family was on their way and even though Eric's mom had said she was going to wait until the next day she changed her mind and called and said she was on her way too. We all figured the baby would be born before anybody got there, but that was ok too. I pushed for about an hr and about 5 mins before he was born a nurse came in and asked if my mom could come in. I said yes so they let her in. I couldn't believe they made it and just in time! At 10:32 p.m. Monday 28, our little baby boy was born. His name is Ryan Tommy. We named him Ryan after my brother (Matthew Ryan) and Tommy after my Daddy. I think it suits him perfectly and mom said he looks like a Ryan Tommy. I think Dad would have loved to have his grandson named after him. He's so precious and I am so thankful that he came into our lives when he did. He was 2 hrs 28 mins away from being considered "full term", so 36 wks 6 days. He's perfect. He weighed 5 lbs 15 oz and was 18 1/2 inches. He's our little pride and joy and the whole family is so in love with him. Grandpa Tommy missed him by 18 days. He was born exactly 2 weeks after we burried him, but I know he's up there watching over our little guy and is the proudest Grandpa in the world.


Daddy, he was so wonderful the first night he stayed up so I could get a little sleep (very little, but still, such a sweet thought)
I couldn't be more proud
Grandma Peggy, she's so proud
Uncle Matt, he was asking me when I was going to bring him to see him right after he was born lol
Aunt Meagan, she's a wonderful Aunt

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations Michelle & Eric! Welcome to the world Ryan Tommy!! Adorable name Michelle. He is so precious!! Eric looks so proud. You did a great job. I have babies quick too lol! I had Shannon in 2 hours. I was always at a 3 or 4 for weeks before labor.
I know your dad would be so proud of him & I know he's up there smiling down on his grandbaby! He precious Michelle. Be Proud!!

Glo said...

Congratulations to you both. Ryan Tommy is perfect. I know you both are proud. We're very proud of you. As far as knowing when your in labor...It's different with each one. With my daughter I thought I'd eaten to much horseredish sauce on my roast beef.
I know your Dad is smiling. What away to start your week. May God bless you,Eric and Little Ryan Tommy. Great Job.

ABW said...

Congratulations!!!! He's adorable!!!

Charla said...

OMG, CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW...I can't believe he's here already!! I'm so happy for you guys and he's soooo adorable! Welcome to he world Ryan Tommy!!!

mindi said...

I'm from Glo's blog, congratulations! I have two baby boys and they are the sweetest things ever (and so is my little girl!)

Monica said...

Congrats Michelle and Eric! I love the name! Ryan is sure a cutie! Try to get some rest.

Rhondi said...

Hi Michelle
I read about you on Young at Heart. I know just what it's like to lose my dad and then have a baby. Our 3rd son was born 2 weeks after my dad died too. We were all so sad that he missed the birth of his grandson. I'll be praying for you because I know it's a difficult time.

Michelle said...

I'm visiting over from Glo's blog and had to come say congrats on your son! What a cute little bundle you have there! We're also a military family (air force), my hubby just got back from deployment a few weeks ago, and I'm due in a few weeks with our 2nd!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Yay!!! I am thrilled for you all!! You all look so happy and I know your Dad is as well. What an awesome legacy for your son to carry with him every day of his life - your father's name.

Have a wonderful blessed life, Ryan Tommy!

-Andrea