Friday, January 25, 2008

My dad had a wonderful sense of humor, he was sarcastic but not in a mean way, just really funny. He wrote a poem a long time ago, both my brother and I were still living at home so it had to have been at least 8 yrs ago. For some reason when he wrote it I folded it up and have carried it in my wallet ever since. I thought it was halarious at the time, but now I'm so thankful that I decided to keep it. He wrote it about my brother, so I'd like to explain before I put the poem up so you can get it. My brother is a big fried chicken and potato salad fan. He always loves it when my mom makes that, it's his favorite meal. He can put it away for sure. We always had to grab ours first before mom called him or else we were very likely not to get any lol. My uncle read this along with stories that some of the family members had written about dad at his funeral. It just goes to show the kind of man dad was. So here's the poem:

Chicken
Chicken, Chicken, where did you go
Don't tell me, Don't tell me I already know
We all had a piece, except this one
He had 12, twelve this bum
Chicken, Chicken I cried last night
Just one more piece for my delight
But someone had 12, at least 12 I know
Cause all I can see, is the bottom of the bowl
Chicken, Chicken, what a horrible sight
God, he's in the kitchen we all cry
We had a piece and that's all we get
Cause Matt ain't through nope, he ain't through yet
Chicken, Chicken, Just one more piece for my delight
But Matt had 12 so I guess it's "goodnight"!
Cause the bottom of the bowl is all that I see
That, and one little punk who left none for me
P.S. I hope you get gas buddy

3 comments:

Charla said...

LOL that's so funny Michelle!! :) 12 pieces of chicken...holy cow!!! It sounds like your dad had a great sense of humor!! May his memories live on forever!! :)

Courtney said...

Ahahaha!!
I think the last line has to be my favorite=) That is so cute Michelle. Thanks for sharing♥

Glo said...

Your Dad was a great guy with a wonderful sence of humor. This is funny. I also loved the last line. Thanks for sharing.
Big {{Hugs}},
Glo