Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The baby shower was Saturday and it went so good. My sister did an amazing job at putting it all together. I'll post pictures later.

My dad is very sick and needs all the prayers he can get. He has had a very difficult time the past 16 years and it's only by the grace of God that he's still with us. The short of it is that he got injured 16 years ago on an oil rig and ended up on disability. Throughout the years he has had many health problems but about 4 1/2 yrs ago he had liver failure and the dr sent him home and told my mom he wouldn't live more than 2 yrs. Well, obviously drs don't know everything and God has blessed him because he's still alive. Well last Thursday he fell, we went up to make sure everything was ok and ended up taking him to the ER that night. After some blood work and a LONG weekend, he had a dr appt yesterday. The dr said it's his liver again. He gave him some medicine and we are waiting on the blood work to come back (should be tomorrow). Eric and I had to come home today, I have a dr appt tomorrow. My mom is in her last semester at college (I'm so very proud of her) and was supposed to start her internship yesterday. Dad can't walk on his own right now and so she had to postpone it, she's now supposed to start next Monday. So, if you could all just keep my dad (and mom) in your prayers I would appreciate it so much. I know that God isn't through with him and that dad still has a lot left to do on this earth before he goes.

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Your dad has my prayers, Michelle. I'll be praying for clarity for the doctors, comfort and health for your dad, and peace for the rest of you.

I'm glad your baby shower went so well! I'll be looking forward to the pictures! :)

-Andrea

Courtney said...

Michelle, you have terrific parents. A very strong mom whos so caring for her family. I'll be praying for your entire family.


Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope you got all kinds of things!!=)