Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're back home, we got home yesterday. We stayed an extra night with my mom and sister since yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr Day and Eric didn't have school. It was so hard leaving my mom. I posted about it last month, but they celebrated their 29th anniversary only 12 days before Dad passed. I really can't believe that he's gone. I don't think it has hit me totally yet. I kept waiting for him to show up and say "Pud, you gotta minute?" the whole time I was there. Yesterday was very rough for me. I have been trying to stay calm for the baby so I think I've kinda put myself in denial about everything. I also want to be strong for my mom, she has been with my dad since she was 14 years old. I miss him so much and I can't imagine life without him. Everyone adored him, and for good reason. The funeral had a wonderful turnout and the community came through in a major way for my family. We had so much food we didn't know what to do with and people were just so generous, it was very heart warming. It touched my heart to know that people thought so highly of Dad, even though he wasn't able to get around much the past few years. We went to church Sunday and the preacher talked about Dad and how much he contributed to the start of the church and then he had us stand and asked mom and us to come up so mom could say a few words. It was neat that Dad got the honor he deserved. I just wish he were here to see. In the past year and four months I have lost 2 grandpa's a great-grandma and my daddy. Three of those were in the past 7 months. The only one I didn't really know all that well was my great-grandma, she lived in Wyoming. I'm ready for the birth of our baby, a new life and many blessings for the year to come.

I had a dr appt today, she said the baby is down and now I have appts every week until he's here.

Would you all please keep my brother in your prayers? He had to have a physical for a job that he applied for and (I know this will be hard to believe, but I kid you not) his blood pressure was 200/115. He carries his stress in a big way without releasing it in any kind of fashion. The dr told him if he doesn't get it taken care of he won't make it to 40. I guess his kidneys aren't processing protein right. He got some medicine for it, and he's started exercising daily so hopefully he'll get it down very soon.

3 comments:

Charla said...

you and your whole family are in my prayers! I will definately remember your brother! I hope they get his BP under control soon! Take care sweetie!

Courtney said...

You don't have to thank me for the prayers. Your my friend it's what we do right=) I'll be praying for your brother. Matt may have the same problem. Not sure whats going on yet but they think his kidneys are doing the same because they keep finding protein. Take care of yourself Michelle. Your gonna be a mommy very soon!!!
I can't wait!

Glo said...

Bless you heart. We love you and are praying for you and your family. I believe your Dad did see how everyone cared.He's smiling. What a honor they gave him.

Take care of you and the little one. Can hardly wait to see him when he gets here.

I put your brother on the prayer list at church.