Friday, November 02, 2007

My MIL drives me crazy! Yesterday was Eric's birthday (thank you all very much for the happy birthday wishes for him), we had a very good time together. We didn't do much, but I baked him a cake and made him a steak for dinner (his favorite). My parents, sister and sister's bf all called to tell him happy birthday. His mom? Never did. It broke my heart. While we were eating dinner he said he thought his mom would call, but she didn't call his brother so why should he be any different. That made me so sad for him and so mad at her! He said he was kidding, but... He ended up calling her around 8:30 last night, cause he needed his sister's phone number (I dropped our cell phone in a cup of water and ruined it and all the info in it lol). It's just so infuriating. Her birthday is next week, and Eric's already said we're going up there for it, and he let her know earlier in the week, and she can't even pick up the phone? It's kinda sickening. I'm so thankful for my family.

4 comments:

Glo said...

Sorry to hear about Eric Mom not calling him. I think we should get Eric,Court's Matt and My Mike together. Sounds like they have the same family.My family always remembers Mike,but he has 7 brothers and sisters and NONE every remember him....But let something happen to him and they will all be here crying and everything....and asking what do I get he was my brother....Sad isn't it. Mike's mother use to do the same to me....but when it was her b-day......well that another story.Give Eric a hug for us.
Love you guys.

Courtney said...

Well let Eric know we all thought of him & happy he had a great birthday with his wonderful wife!!! It hurts when the people we love hurt us but you know what? God certainly made up for what Eric doesn't have by giving him a you as a wife:)
Love ya girl!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

What sweet heart he has, that he loves his mom so much even though she seems kind of - do I dare say it- unworthy.

I'm glad that he has you to make his life wonderful!

-Andrea

Charla said...

Hey girl, I'm sorry Eric's mom is acting like that! It really is a shame that someone would just blow off their own childs birthday as if it's nothing! It speaks a lot of Eric's character that he would be the bigger person and not do the same to her! It's okay though, you guys are going to have your own child soon enough and I'm sure you will raise him to be considerate of others feelings!

BTW, your belly looks adorable!! Great job maintaining your figure!!! You don't look very big at all!! Just a perfect little basketball!! :)

Oh, I was wondering what your schedule is like during the week. I get a 2 hour lunch break M-Th and only work a half day on Friday, so I was thinking maybe we could get together for lunch one day this week!! I would love to get together sometime! Just email me and let me know if u want! nursecharla4u@yahoo.com

Take care hun!!!

Oh almost forgot...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!! :)