Monday, April 21, 2008

I absolutely love baby sounds and smiles. They are the most precious things in the whole world! We went to my mom's house this weekend. My brother and SIL were there too. We played Pictionary on Friday night, girls against guys. My brother is a cheater lol. The boys won. Eric mowed the lawn for mom and then my brother, sister and Eric went golfing. My sister is on the golf team for high school, my brother loves golf (he played 54 holes in two days) , Eric likes golf but stinks at it in a BIG way lol. It doesn't help that he's left handed and he has to use right handed clubs. He said he made a 75 on the first hole lol. Sunday Eric, my brother, sister and I went to the storage shed that my mom has. We took about 15 minutes trying to figure out the combination to the lock, opened it looked around for about 2 minutes, shut the door, locked it and went back to mom's lol. We need to take a whole day, a trash can and go through the thing. Maybe some day. My mom has a senior dinner thing for her college tomorrow. Eric, Ryan and I will be driving up to go with the rest of the family with her. I am SOOOOO very proud of my mom. She has two weeks left in her practicum and she graduates on the 10th of May. She has went through her whole schooling against all the odds. This semester has been the hardest ever for her, but she has kept her head up and went through it like a champion. I know she wanted to quit, she almost did, but we kept encouraging her and she went through it anyways and in only a few weeks she will have her diploma. She has said she's not going to walk, we are ganging up on her to try and talk her into walking. My aunt called while we were up there, I told her mom said she wasn't going to walk, she said let her talk to her cause it might be too late to order her gown if she waits any longer. Well, later I had a message from my aunt telling me mom already has her gown. I told my mom my aunt told me and she said, "that brat" lol. Well thankfully one of the ladies she goes to school with talked her into getting her cap and gown just in case she changes her mind. I sure hope she does. She deserves to walk across that stage and receive her diploma. If she doesn't though, we are going to have her a BBQ and a surprise party. I am just so very proud of her!!!!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh I hope your mom walks. She worked so hard & deserves that walk. I have said it before but your mom is a really amazing lady. One to be very proud of as well as your dad. I can certainly tell where you get it all from=)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Glo said...

Oh I hope your mom walks. Tell her to strut her stuff. What an accomplishment,with or without all she's gone through. Please tell her congratulations for me. Have Fun at your BBQ.

We play pictionary and my son always gets mad if I win...my daughter and I always teem up. She knows me and always draws "OLD" hee hee I understand what she draws.

Love and {{Hugs}}

Glo said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I think maybe this old lady finelly found a look she likes.

How everyone at your house...Growing I bet.