Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Well, we got my mom talked into walking for her graduation. YAY! She deserves that and I'm so proud of her. We went to her dinner last week and it went well, minus the fact that they served us one-inch sandwiches and we were starving by the time it was over. Thankfully my sister's boyfriend is the nicest guy she could have ever found and he paid for all of us when we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant afterwards. It was good, except for Ryan getting upset during the middle of dinner and me being a nervous wreck. So, a week from Saturday my mom will be walking across the stage and being handed her diploma for a bachelor's degree that she has worked so hard for. Yesterday was her last day of class, she has today and tomorrow left at her internship and then she's completely finished except the actual graduation. My grandma and aunt will be coming down to watch her graduate too. We are also going to have a party for her (she doesn't know that though). We also ordered her a necklace with my dad's thumbprint on it. We're getting it engraved with "Consented 12-29-78" because when my dad asked my mom to marry him she was 14 and he said "When you're old enough, would you consent to be my old lady?" lol...Yes, I know my dad was a total romantic. Mom is also talking about getting her Master's! I know that Dad is looking down from Heaven and is beaming with pride right now!

Also, my baby boy is 3 months old now! I really can't believe how fast time is going with him. He's wonderful and I thank God for him every single day.

4 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Yay for your mom!! I think that the necklace will become her treasured possession - that is amazingly thoughtful.

Have a wonderful party and snuggle that sweet boy for me!

-Andrea

Courtney said...

Yay! I'm so happy for your mom & I think she'll love the necklace. Wonderful idea & the saying is too cute.
I can't believe Ryan is 3 months already. They grow too fast:(

Glo said...

Good for Mom. Give her a big hug. The necklace will be very special to her I'm sure. After my Uncle passed away the kids got my Aunt a neclace with her fevorite picture of him engraved on it.

Hard to believe the little man is gwtting so big.

Glo said...

Good for Mom. Give her a big hug. The necklace will be very special to her I'm sure. After my Uncle passed away the kids got my Aunt a neclace with her fevorite picture of him engraved on it.

Hard to believe the little man is gwtting so big.