Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Why is it that people in customer service jobs don't seem to realize they are in CUSTOMER SERVICE jobs? It's irritating to me to be "helped" by someone who is rude and acts like they could care less about their jobs and the people they are helping. The least you can do is pretend to be friendly for pete's sake. I've had my fair share of jobs that I haven't particularly liked, but I still slapped a smile on my face and greeted them with courtesy.

So the other day we went to my grandma's house. Mom mom needed her oil change. I offered to have Eric take it and get it changed. He would have bought the stuff and did it himself but there was no place to do it at my grandma's. We go to the store, drive around back give them the keys. Eric says to do just the basic oil change and to put the high mileage stuff in. They tell us it's going to take 3 HOURS! Well I wanted to leave but Eric really wanted to get it done for my mom so we waited, and waited and waited. When it was finally finished we go to pay. They charged us $52! They did the whole shabang, not the basic change. We both were mad and both tried to argue with them but the lady was so rude. So, Eric goes to pay and she looks up at me and says, "Next time tell him to change his own oil!" Are you kidding me?! Well, needless to say, they won't be getting our business any longer. Eric always changes our oil here at home. We simply needed a service provided that time. Neither of us asked for attitude.

So, if you're going to work in customer service, service the customer without attitude. Without being rude and hateful. Do your JOB, what you're paid for.

1 comments:

vanessa said...

I hear ya! I hate rude people and more so stupid people! I would post the name of the place, there is nothing like spreading the word on a place that has bad customer service.

So, your little guy isn't so little anymore. It's sad to see them grow up. Lately I have been looking back on all my boys when they were little. Man do they change fast.
I hope things slow down for you and aren't so hectic. Take care.
V