Friday, February 09, 2007

Gettin' Fit Friday is upon us again. I'm growing a little bored with my workout routine. I'm looking to by an ab lounger. I've wanted one for a while now, but I just haven't got one yet. I think I need to change things up a bit, so I don't burn myself out.

Eric went to his new unit on Tuesday. It was weird to see him wearing a new patch. It's about half the size of his old one, it looks so odd. He said that it's going well. He doesn't like the fact that he had to leave the Cav unit, but he said it's not as bad as he thought it would be. He's supposed to get a four day weekend next weekend. I really want to go home and see family. It seems like it's been forever since we were down there. The only problem is that the new unit he's in does a lot of details, so he could end up stuck doing one of them. I guess there's a funeral detail during the four day that they still have assigned people to, so hopefully he's not choosen for that.


We have about 5 more months here, and then we'll be going back to OK. I can't wait for that time to come, but I've decided it's not as bad here as I thought it was for the first year we were here. It's not getting to me being away from family as much as it did before, which is a huge step for me. Eric submitted his green-to-gold active duty packet, and the board is in May. We'll know around June if he was accepted. If he is that would be great, he would stay on active duty, but he would be going to school as his job. If he doesn't get accepted for that, though, he's still already accepted to the ROTC down there, so we're going either way. Just the last option is that we will be more strained on money then the first option. I'm praying that he gets choosen for the active duty option though, he's really excited about it.

6 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Hopefully everything works out the way you want it to. Military life is exciting! And going to school as a job - that's totally my husband's dream.

What is an ab lounger- I have not heard of that before.

-Andrea

Charla said...

Hey girl, I can't wait 'till you guys get out here either, then we can hang out!! YAY!!!! LOL

Good luck with the new workout routine! You've already gotten past the hard part of losing the weight (AWESOME JOB BTW) Now you just gotta maintain it! That should be easy enough! Take a rest and don't burn yourself out!! You deserve a little break chic!! :)

I hope Eric gets the job he wants and things work out ok!!

TTYL :)
~~Charla~~

Michelle said...

Hey I hope Eric get the job that he applies for, I understand how tight the money can get. I am also glad that is getting easier for you to be away from you family. I think that is one of the worst aspects of being a military family.
Talk to you soon

Michelle

Glo said...

Now remember we all want to meet sometime this year.Hope you guys can make it. Wishing Eric all the best.
Love, Glo

Courtney said...

Sounds like everything is going great for you. That is awesome. I hope everything goes well and you get to go see family.

Monica said...

Sounds like everything is going good for you two. That is great! I recently moved a half hour away from my family and it is hard on me, I cannot imagine having to drive hours. You are an inspiration!