Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I had a follow-up appointment today with the surgeon who did my gallbladder surgery. It went really well, he looked at my incisions and said that everything is good and that I won't have to see him again. I also had to do some lab work today that was ordered about a month ago. I had a yearly checkup last month and the dr wanted me to get some tests done. I'm not sure what all they wanted to do, but they took 4 vials of blood from me. She wanted me to do a cystic fibrosis test to see if I carry the gene that could be passed to my kids. I decided not to do that one. I don't see the reason why I should. It doesn't run in my family and I don't see the point in checking for all this stuff that might or might not happen in our future. I'm just not that interested in making myself crazy and getting tested for things that don't run in my family. Anyways, I don't know why but she also ordered a test on my thyroid. I guess it's cause I told her I had lost quite a bit of weight. I told her it was my own doing though. I hate getting tests done, but at least I can see some kind of point in testing the thyroid.

On a brighter note, my brother is sweet. He texted Eric this morning and asked him to go and get me a rose for Valentine's Day and a card from him. He's thoughtful like that (sometimes, lol). He also go my mom and sister something. I told my mom that he had done that for me (before her and my sister got theirs) and she said, "don't tell your sister, just in case he doesn't do that for her." lol... Mom's.

Speaking of mom's my grandma is so funny. She's 68 years old and she has a computer and she emails me all the time and rambles about whatever's on her mind. She's so cute, she emailed me the other day about the Gilmore Girls. She watches that show and she wanted to know what I thought of two of the main people in it, lol. I swear, she's the cutest grandma, I love her.

I was talking to my mom yesterday and she said my dad was missing me. She said they went to the store the yesterday and he picked up a jar of pickles (I love pickles and they never stay around a house too long if I know they're there) and he said, "I'm going to get these, and it'll send out a signal to pud (that's his nickname for me) to come home." lol... I got a big kick out of that cause we're planning on going home this weekend, I guess it worked.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope you have fun this weekend at your family's house. We were planning on going home this weekend as well but then it got canceled because of the snow. They got over 7 inches of snow in less than 3 hours on top of what they already had and it is still snowing there. How crazy is that. But anyway there is no one we can take a trip through the mountains when it is snowing like that.
I'm glad to hear that your surgery is over with and that everything went as planned,I know that is a relief for you!

Charla said...

Hey girl, that's so sweet of your mom and dad! LOL Glad things are going well for you! TTYL!!

Charla

Glo said...

Hope you have a fun and safe weekend. Leave some of the pickles for the others. Ok
Love Ya,
Glo