Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm taking a political science class this semester and after reading this last chapter I'm a little concerned. It was talking about the FCC and how they say they don't have control over the cable programming and therefore it's up to the different stations to put on what they think is appropriate. I didn't know that the FCC only had jurisdiction over the "air waves", which is what, the regular radio stations and 4 TV stations- the one's you can get with an antenna? Maybe I'm slow for not knowing that, but it's very disturbing to think that the people who have control over what comes on TV don't have anyone to answer to. What good is the FCC then? Why are they getting paid to control nothing? Give me a break.

1 comments:

Charla said...

AMEN..lol!! That's crazy!!!