Friday, July 07, 2006

I went to the post office today, like I do every Friday. I went up to the counter and the lady says, "She's back..." She then told the other lady working there, "This guy is so lucky, he gets more packages then I get bills." That cracked me up. I am a huge fan of care packages. Thank God for flat rate, free, boxes.

I have an appt to go look at a house. I'm really excited.

My grandpa has been staying with us for about a week. His wife went to see her family for the 4th of July and she got sick. She's been in the hospital and had to have surgery. My mom invited her to come stay here for a while. Up the household count to 6 adults and 1 teenager.

I bought a new book the other day through Amazon. I love Amazon. I bought "The Excellent Wife." So far, it's a really good book. I also bought a nintendo. The first one to ever come out. I'm so excited to get it. Call me old fashioned, but I'd much rather play that then the XBox or something of that sort. Maybe it's not me being old fashioned, maybe I'm just video game challenged.

4 comments:

Glo said...

Glad you liked my Blog.Guess I'll stick with it.If for no other reason than to keep you laughing,til they come marching home again.......
Aren't the free boxes great. I sent 11 at one time. You see Mike works for Wal-Mart and all the Associtate's brought things by the house and I boxed them in my "free" boxes,they paid the postage. Love sending care pkgs.
Good luck on the house....
Prayers are with you and your FULL house. I will also say a prayer that the Lady will heal fast.
You sound like my kids with video games.....
Have fun and God bless,
Glo

Courtney said...

I have been sending packages a lot lately too. Now that I have time because I am not in school.

Monica said...

Care packages are great! we make at least weekly trips to the post office as well. I wonder if the employees there will miss me when this is done... too funny. Good luck dealing with the full house!

Sandra said...

Oh boy nintendo, love it. I always find that the old gaming systems were a lot more fun that these new ones.

Let me know how the book is, sounds really good.
Have a great weekend,
Sandra