Sunday, July 09, 2006

My sister and I made the long trip up to Kansas yesterday. I'm so tired right now, but we made it back safely. The trip went well. I talked to Eric yesterday before we left, and we got out of here at about 10 yesterday morning. We made it up there at about 5:30 p.m., and checked into the motel. My sister truly is a blonde. We were driving down the road and she says, "Are we staying at a hotel?" I said, "No, we're staying at Motel 6." She says, "Yeah, but isn't Motel 6 a hotel?" She was as serious as could be too. I said, "Meagan, it's called MOTEL 6!" She cracks me up.

Anyways, we went by the house yesterday to make sure I could find it. I didn't know the actual address, just how to get there, so I hoped that the house I came across was the right one. Then we went back to the motel (not hotel) . Then this morning we went to the mall, my sister is a huge shopping fan (me, not so much). We stayed there until it was time for my appt. When we got out to the house (the one I found the night before was the right one) the guy was mowing the yard. Well, it only took about 20 mins of talking to the guy and looking around and I made my decision. I wanted more than anything to be able to talk to Eric and make a decision with him. It's hard to make those kinds of decisions without him, but I did. It's out in the country, but I factored in the drive for Eric to work. In fact, last night I clocked it to see how long it would take him to get there. It's only a couple miles more to drive from this house to work then it was from our apartment in town. If you look at the fact that there shouldn't be as much traffic from this house, it'll probably be a shorter drive. That's a good thing. The other good things are that it's just so cute. It's really big for the price, a lot bigger than our apartment, and $30 less a month. It has everything we wanted, it has a washer/dryer hookup and he'll allow pets. The downside is that it's pretty much in the boondocks, so I'm not so sure about staying out there too much by myself until Eric's back. It's also right next to a cornfield, lol. But, in the end...I got the house! It's so adorable! That's one thing I can cross off my list of things to do. (Also, if this doesn't make any sense, please forgive me, I'm really tired!)

5 comments:

Bushwack said...

Michelle, Please drop me an email. I have to discuss something with you.
I found you by way of "Proud fan"

Glo said...

Michelle , The house is adorable,looks inviting....You were so close to me.You should have came by for a visit....Proud of you girl.
Love,
Glo

Monica said...

Great job! It must feel good to be able to check something off the to do list... a big something! You will love the isolation after you get used to it. I am not much of a shopper either, well unless it is for Brad or the girls. Then it seems way to easy to shop. Have a great day!

proud fan said...

Hey there Michelle - thanks for coming by my site! I love the cute little house! You should get a big dog to stay with you so you don't get so lonely and to intimidate anyone that may try to break in. And install outside lights! I love your blog and hope you are having a good week! Take care!

Courtney said...

OMG girl I am soooo happy for you & that house is great! Good choice. That yard & view is amazing. Oh & I too still get a little ok alot (lol) scared at night here. Tell ya what my email is ccleveland@zoominternet.net when you get moved in & give me a call & we'll talk the boogy man away...lol!!!