Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Watching the fireworks was definitely different this year. I didn't stay for all of them. Just long enough to take some pictures to send to Eric. I guess the good thing about him being gone this year is that it really made me stop and think about what today is all about. It hit me hard while I was driving home. I miss Eric like crazy, but I am so glad that he's doing what he loves and it's something that I respect and support. I pray that he's safe and that time goes by very quickly.

I tried my best, but it was extremely difficult to catch the fireworks as they went off. I did get a few good one's, or at least I think they're good, lol.


There's a page on myspace that is about a couple soldiers overseas. They write and sing songs. They wrote one and dedicated it to their wives, it's so sweet. The group is "Hearts n Minds", they have a video to that song in the middle of their page. It's really a good song. They have other songs on there that they've written as well.

God Bless our troops!

2 comments:

Karyzma said...

I'm going through Hubby's first deployment, and now I see the 4th of July very differently. A lot of times I wonder "Why him?", but then I think that if everyone had that kind of mentality, we'd have no one fighting for us.

proud fan said...

What a cool site that Herats & Minds is awesome. Thanks for the info!