Friday, July 21, 2006

Yesterday was a horrible day for me. I was so bummed, I spent half the day just crying. I hadn't heard from the apartment I applied for and it was stressing me out. I was missing Eric like crazy, and I couldn't get over the fact that we still have 3-4 months left. Hasn't he been gone for an eternity already? Well after we talked last night I felt better. I know I can do this, and I will, but I certainly don't want to. Oh well, I know he doesn't want to be over there just as much as I don't want him there. About the only thing we can do though is do it and pray. Prayer is a big part of my life, and I'm so thankful for that. So, after lots of prayers, I woke up today feeling much better. I called about the apartment that I put the application in at. I decided that it wasn't worth losing my sanity over and waiting for an answer. After a couple minutes of the lady looking up the status of my application I found out that we were completely approved. She said that the only thing that we have to do is wait until the first, switch over all the bills to our name and schedule a move-in inspection date. YAY!!! Talk about a big weight off my shoulders. God definitely answered Eric's and my prayers (is that good English? Oh wait, I'm from OK, it doesn't matter!).

Also, when I thought we were going to rent the house I paid the guy $600 for the first month's rent. Well, he told me at the time that he wouldn't hold me to anything until I signed the lease, he was supposed to send it to me. So, I mailed the keys back to the guy, and told him to send my check back to me. I still haven't received it. I called him today too. I asked him if he had gotten my letter and he said yes. I asked him if he had sent my check back, he said no. He said that they cashed the check the day I gave it to him, but he would send me my money back. However, he told me that he was going to deduct about 5 days worth of rent because I cost him about a week's worth of rent money. I said, well you told me I could get out if I wanted. He said, "I did?" I said "yes, you said you wouldn't hold me to anything until I signed the lease." So he agreed to send me back my money.

My parents and uncle took my grandpa to a neurologist on Wednesday. They told him they wanted to completely start from scratch. The doctor automatically adjusted most of his medications. The Dr said that he doesn't think he has Alzheimer's, he thinks it's his diabetes that's the problem. He said that his blood vessels are getting clogged so it's making it to where he's not getting enough blood to his brain. So he gave him medicine to open them up. That was such awesome news. Of course he still has to run some tests and do some more adjusting of the medicine's, but he said that Grandpa should get almost 100% better. He just doesn't know how long it will take. He said it could takes months, but we'll take that over knowing that over the months he's going to just get worse.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Yea! Glad the apartment went through just fine and you are getting your full amount back from the other place. I know how the hard days go... think positive and pray, they do get better.

Melinda said...

Glad that apartment thing worked out! We're studying landlord-tenant law right now & I was biting my tongue b/c I'm not allowed to give legal advice...yet. LOL

Saw your name on the rolling victory fast list & wanted to let you know the t-shirts are available for pre-order.

http://rollingvictoryfast.blogspot.com

The last 3-4 months for me were almost as hard as the day he left. Getting to double digits does make a difference, but it's always a rollercoaster. {{Hugs}}}

Glo said...

You've had alot of blessing this week.Praise the Lord.Congrats on the Apt.
As for being down and lonely we all know what your going through and we will get through it together.Your a strong woman. Amazing and Smart. You can do this.Prayer's and keeping God in our hearts will get us through this. Just having a lot of Friends helps too.
God bless,
Glo

kbug said...

I'm so glad you found a place where you'll feel comfortable. Katie and Seth are on the base housing list, but don't know if they'll be able to get a house when he gets back or not...the list is sooooo long. I keep praying that it all works out for them.

Karyzma said...

Congrats on the apartment!! Yay! God is definitely moving in your life. Keep up the prayers and the answers will keep coming your way!

Love,
Kathy