Friday, July 28, 2006

Well, Charla had the idea for "Gettin' Fit Friday's" and I think that is an excellent idea. I, too, have struggled with my weight for most of my life. I believe that I started gaining weight when I was around 10 or 11. Ever since then it's been a big factor in my life. I've always hated my weight, but I definitely am not coordinated in any way, shape or form. So, I didn't play sports. My brother was a big athlete, he played baseball and football. He just couldn't understand why I couldn't (or wouldn't) play sports and be active in that way. It wasn't for me, at all. It still isn't. I can't catch or throw to save my life. When I was a Senior in high school, I joined weight lifting as an elective, and I slimed down a little, but after that was over, I went back to doing pretty much nothing. Then I got married and I really stacked the weight on. I'm really ashamed at what I let the scale get up to, and when I'm down to my final goal weight, I'll tell everyone what it was. So, when Eric left to go overseas, I decided to do something about my problem. It is, after all, my problem. Nobody can take care of it for me, that's for sure! I pray a lot that the Lord gives me the strength that I need to continue to do what I have to do to get where I need to be with my weight. Anyways, when Eric left I just decided to do what I have to do to be healthy for myself and him and our future babies. That's one of the main reasons that I decided I had to do something. We've tried since we got married (almost 4 years ago) to have a baby, with no luck. I know that it will come in the Lord's timing, but I'm sure that my weight isn't helping matters either. I have to do my part for God to do His. So, I've lost 51 pounds since last November. I've given up pop. I haven't had one in about 7 months. I also don't eat sweets. I exercise twice a day too. I started out walking on the treadmill, and going for 2 miles. Now I ride a stationary bike for 30 mins, twice a day. Then about every other day I do Tae Bo. I love Tae Bo. I think it helps me a lot because Billy Blanks is a Christian, and he's very encouraging on his tapes. I've been doing "Billy's Bootcamp", it's tough, but if you just do what you can, you will eventually work your way up to being able to do the whole tape. Oh, and I also drink a ton of water everyday.

Thank you Charla for getting this started. I know that I would love to be able to find new ideas on how to keep up with my exercising. It's difficult at times to keep up the motivation and keep going.

I'll be gone for a while. I'm going tomorrow to see my cousins and uncle that are in from Washington. Then, when I leave there, I'm going up to Kansas to move into our new apartment!!!! I am so happy to say that. I've had my Jeep loaded up since Tuesday, just sitting there waiting to go and unpack it at OUR OWN PLACE!!!! I need to get away and this is a big answer to my prayers. I can't wait until Eric's home too. Just him and me alone, in our own place. Aaahhh, that's music to my ears.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow 51 lbs. Good for you. That is so inspiring. And your own place. Awesome. Things are really looking good for you right now. Keep it up.

Glo said...

Congrats on the weight loss...and also on the new place...You know Kansas isn't to far away from me...
Love Ya,Glo

Monica said...

Great Job! Can't wait to see pics of your new place. You are doing great!

Courtney said...

Great job girl!!!! I am so proud of you. I can't wait to join in next weeek! We will all be hotties by the time our guys are home...LOL!

Michelle said...

I am proud of you for loosing the weight you should be very proud of yourslef.
Congrats on moving in your own place! I know that has to be a relief.
Have fun visitng your family

Karyzma said...

Way to go Michelle!! 51 pounds?? WOW. That's awesome. You are doing a great job and I know that you can reach your goal. I know, I need to lose some myself. :o/ I'm right there with you girl!

Love,
Kathy

Amy said...

Good job girl! I'm a military wife waiting for the battle roster to come out again. We'll have to keep in touch! Amy