Monday, July 24, 2006

My sister and mom decided it would be funny to play a joke on my brother and me yesterday. Meagan (my sister) is 15, she'll be 16 in Sept. I'm 7 years older and my brother is 9 years older than she is, so we are super protective over her. Well we were all sitting and eating dinner last night and my mom says, "So what time will he be over?" Meagan says, "Oh about 7." I was wondering what they were talking about and I asked but they wouldn't tell me who was coming over. So, mom asks her what time the movie starts. She says 9:30. I started freaking out. They were talking about a boy that she has a crush on and her going on a date with him. Matt (my brother) got so mad, he can go from zero to pissed in about 2 seconds. So, after griping at my parents for letting her go to on a date at 15, he got up and threw his food in the trash. Well, while he was in the kitchen they told me they were just kidding with him. Matt comes back in and grabs his keys off the table. He was so mad at this time, he was red from anger. He tells me to hand him his wallet, he was leaving. I told Meagan she better tell him she was just kidding because he was ticked off. They told him they were just kidding, he didn't think it was funny at all, but he didn't leave. I asked him where he was going to go, he said he was going to go find out where that kid lived! LOL Ok, my brother is not a small guy, by no means, and he's very protective of his sisters and I know for sure that he was seriously going to find the kid. I would definitely be afraid if I was any guy that ever comes around her! (The picture is of my brother & sister)






Well, today I was talking to my dad and he said that he couldn't believe that Matt thought he would go along with letting Meagan go on a date, before she was 16, with some kid he didn't know. He said he's going to have a heart attack when it comes time to let her start dating, just like he about did when it came time for me. He said that I did good though, except for one guy I brought home. LOL... Let's just say this guy was not their cup of tea. I think he was part of my "rebellious stage". Thinking back I honestly think I was just trying to get a reaction from them with the guy. I told him "yeah, but you love Eric." He said, "Yeah, I do. I think I fell for him faster than you did." I'm not sure about that but they certainly did hit it off fast!

I love my husband, and I am so thrilled that we have the families we do. His mom drives me crazy but I know she loves me, and that's all that matters. She raised a terrific son, and I am forever grateful for that. He's a believer in God, such a hard worker, always true to his word, loving, kind, generous, faithful and trusting. I could go on forever about what a wonderful man he is, but I'm sure it would bore everyone except me, lol. I love him with every ounce of my being. I thank God for him every single day and I thank God that He gave Eric a mom that raised him to be all of those things.

(Ok, sorry, I rambled so long, lol.)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

My older sister is the same way as your older brother. She is very very protective. I found out the other day that she told one of my boyfriends (who turned out to be a major jerk anyway) the first time she met him that she didn't like him and if he hurt me she would kill him. I thought that was hilarious. I am glad your family loves Eric. I think it is really really sad when families don't approve of someone you love. And unfortunately it happens. I am lucky too, my parents have loved Danny since he was a baby and his parents feel the same way about me.

Michelle said...

I am in the middle of two brothers so I did not have a chance. LOL. Unfortunately the boys in my family are known for fighting so you can imagine how much fun I had.. God I love my brothers...

Glo said...

Eric and you will have to go to Kansas City sometime when he gets home. There is a Toby Keith Restaurant/bar with shirts and different things you can get. Also lots of Pictures of Toby.
I didn't have a brother,but I had Uncle's that weren't much older than I.So I know where your coming from.
Love ,Glo

kbug said...

Families are wonderful, even when they're a bit of a strain sometimes..... :)

Karyzma said...

I'm the oldest of 2. (I have a brother who's 9), but I am already protective of him. lol. It's great that your family is so caring and supportive of one another.

Monica said...

I am the oldest of three... I was protective of my sister and brother when they were younger. I hated all of my brother's girlfriends. Family is good. I am happy for you that you have such great in-laws.