Thursday, October 05, 2006

I went to an FRG meeting. It was the first meeting (besides the redeployment briefing) that I've been to since Eric left. The only reason I went was because they were going to talk about the homecoming ceremony and I wanted to know what was going on. The time frame has changed a little. They pushed them back by three days, no big deal. I was already expecting that time frame anyways, since Eric and I have talked about the different things we've heard, so no real change. Other than that, they didn't really say much. Everything is still so tentative. They're not even sure where they're going to have the ceremony at yet. Of course I wish they knew more, so family could make plans and such, but there's nothing anybody can do, so no use in worrying about it all. They did talk about the ball they're going to have in December. It will be my first military ball, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. I think it will be neat to get all dressed up with Eric and go for a night out. Right now though, I'm just looking forward to him coming home!

I’ve kind of broken up the time until he comes home with stupid stuff. For instance, on Oct 1 I broke it down by the 3rd I was getting a haircut, today was the FRG meeting, the 12th is our anniversary (celebrating 4 wonderful years of marriage to my loving husband) and so on and so forth, little dates to help make it not seem so far away. I was telling my friend that I’m sure that to civilian people, military wives seem like nuts jobs with all the little things we do to break up the time we’re away from our guys. Oh well, we all do what we have to do to get through, that’s what’s important. They are getting together next week and the week after to make signs and such for the homecoming and I think I'll go, if for no other reason then to add more stuff to break up the time until he's home.

I got two compliments at the meeting too. The first was on my haircut. It was actually my third haircut in the past two weeks, ha! I just couldn’t get it how I like it until this time. I love it! It’s not short or anything, but it has lots of layers. Then another lady complimented me on my weight loss. She told me I was looking really good, which made me feel pretty good. I have lost 70.5 lbs now! My mom said that another 15 lbs and she thinks I'll be just right. My goal is another 25 lbs though, but I'll just have to wait and see what looks best when I get down some more. Not much more to go though, so that's wonderful! I'm pretty proud of myself. I told Eric the other day, no more pictures of me until he gets home. I want the end result to be a surprise. I can't wait until he's home!!! Lord I hope the next few weeks go by quickly!

7 comments:

Glo said...

I hope the next few weeks just fly by for you. Just don't put the weight back on when Eric comes home...Mike been home a month and I'v gained 5#.....but he's gone back to work so maybe I can get it off.Good luck to you and Eric. Can't wait to see the new you. Love Ya.

Courtney said...

Thats so funny I have been breaking up time that way to. With meetings & etc...That's a really cute idea though with him not seeing you anymore. I like that. I can't wait though to see your haircut. Well here's hoping these next few weeks fly right by. I have a meeting tomorrow & I'll email to let ya know how it went.

Anonymous said...

I can understand breaking the time up! Congrats on the weight loss, you did great! My oldest daughter turns 5 on the 12th, so I will be thinking of you guys too!

Amy said...

Wow! 70 lbs! You go girl! I can't wait to read your blog when he gets home. I'm excited too!
You've done great. Proud of you!
Amy

Charla said...

Wow, he'll be home very, very soon won't he!!!! :) I'm so happy for you Michelle. You've done great keeping things together this past year. And WOW 70.5 lbs, OMG that's great!!!! I've really slacked off on my getting fit thing, but I'm really hoping to get back into it strong. You are such an inspiration, I know if you did it I can too, just need to find the motivation to keep myself going. Thank you for all your nice comments here and on Myspace. You truly are a great friend. We're all gonna have to get together sometime. That'd be so great!!! Take care girl!!!

Love ya, Charla

Courtney said...

Wow 70.5 lbs!! I am so proud of you. I wanna see a picture of your hair. I am also putting in these little days here and there. Something each month that I have to do so that once that passes the month feels over for me. Time is going by quicker that way but still way too slow. Hang in there girlie, not too much longer. YAY

Amy said...

Ok girl. Have not heard from you in awhile! How are things going!?!?