Thursday, October 26, 2006

I would like to thank all the blogger girls who helped me through the year of deployment. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support you gave me during the rough times and for understanding during the bad days. I can't say now that it's over that looking back it went by faster then I thought it was. I guess some people can, but I'm not one of them. It went slow, no doubt about it, but thanks to the many friends I made through blogger, it wasn't as rough as it could have been. I made it through with relatively few break downs and without making myself and everyone around me miserable. I'm stronger because of this deployment and I know that both Eric and myself have grown because of it. For that, I'm extremely grateful. I appreciate every word of comfort and for all the support from all of you. Thank you all so very much!!!

The last couple days have flown by since Eric's home again. He had 48 hrs off, but had to go back to work today. Thankfully the next couple weeks are just half days and then he gets his 30 days block leave. We're planning on going to Hawaii for a few of those days. Then of course spend time with the rest of the family. His mom and sister were here until yesterday. It kind of irritated me because of course I wanted to spend alone time with him and they were always there. Oh well, at least we got most of the day yesterday alone. We went furniture shopping yesterday. We bought a new couch, table/chairs, coffee table, end table, and dresser. We also bought from three different furniture stores and so we have deliveries coming today, tomorrow and Monday, lol. I think Eric wants to drive down to Oklahoma tomorrow so he can watch the OU game with dad. He told me a while back he really missed that, so I think that's what we'll do this weekend. It's so wonderful having him home. It's amazing how much you really realize that you missed their company once their home. I knew I missed him, of course, but I don't think it really hit me until he got here. My friend is so great too, she stayed up until 3 a.m. the day he came in just so she could tape the ceremony for us. She hadn't even met Eric until that point. I'm so grateful she did that. Here are a couple pictures of when he came home and was released. After they came in (which took forever and I was really irritated when we had to watch that stupid video while they were standing right outside the door!) it didn't take long for the guy to say what he had to say and then release them. Although he said that there were 3 other people who wanted to say something and I about committed murder, lol. But apparently he was either kidding or didn't know what he was doing, because there wasn't, Thank God!!! So, I bolted towards Eric and the first picture is the first hug we had. Also, my weight loss the day Eric got home was a total of 75 lbs. I've lost 11 inches in my waist, and my rings keep flying off my fingers. I hadn't sent pictures of myself to Eric in about two months, I told him the end result would be a surprise. I think he was very pleasantly surprised. After he hugged me he held me out at arms length and said, "Wow." lol... I took that as a compliment. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but that's my new haircut too.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Glo said...

You look beautiful and very happy. Tell Eric WELCOME HOME and THANK YOU for the job he did. Mike say to tell him he glad he back too. Have a wonderful time getting to know each other again. Love and God bless you both. Have a wonderful and safe weekend. Love you guys, can't wait until we all meet some day.
Glo

Courtney said...

No need for thank you's. Thats what friends are for! And OMG girl you are so tiny. You looked so pretty. Thank you for sharing the pics. I'm crying lol. I guess Charla & I are next. Can't wait!!!!!

kbug said...

Wow, the pictures are great and you both look so happy. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. I do so love homecomings and I can't wait till ours next month.

You sure don't need to thank all of us girls out here, you've been just as important to us and helped us through just as many tough times.

Give Eric a squeeze for me and tell him WELCOME HOME!! My love to both of you..... :)

Charla said...

Oh wow, I'm soooo happy for you girl!!! You look AMAZING...WOW....!! I'm so happy for you guys. Best of luck in your future together!!! Keep us up to date on things!!! Welcome home Eric!!!!!

Courtney said...

YAY!!!! You look amazing. I love your hair, and you look so thin. I am so glad that this whole thing is over for you. You did great. You looked great. And those pictures are awesome. I am sooo proud of you and Eric. WELCOME HOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Eric! You look great Michelle! Have a great time together and I can't wait to hear about Hawaii!