Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I started classes yesterday. I'm taking American Military History and Personal Finance. Neither of them are sounding too interesting to me. I just figured that the personal finance one would help Eric and me when it comes to saving some money for our future. The history class I'm just taking because I need a history class to complete my degree. I'm not a big fan of history, but Eric took the class and said he loved it (of course he loves history, so that's not much help to me). Oh well, gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm just glad class finally started, hopefully it will help occupy my time.

Today has been a pretty crappy day. I just wasn't in a good mood at all. Everything was getting on my nerves. My sister was hounding me about wanting to go to Wal Mart. I was trying to read the stupid history book. My grandpa's wife is down here and we left only to return to find her car parked about two inches from where I park. That irritated me, but my mom said she'd move it. We left again, came back and nope, still in the same place. I told my mom, I really don't want the passenger side of my jeep ripped off. Ok, I know those are kind of stupid things to gripe about but it's just been one of those days. It's nothing really big, just everything was getting on my nerves. But Eric called and saved my day. He just started talking about this song on the Rascal Flatt's cd, "Ellsworth". It's a song about someone's grandma who has Alzheimer's and can't remember anything except when they bring up their grandpa. She remembers everything about their love from the time it started. It talks about them being high school sweethearts walking together and such. Anyways, he asked me if I thought we would have been high school sweethearts if we would have went to the same school. I told him yes I do. I said I think that even if we wouldn't have met when and where we did we would have eventually met each other. Because we were destined to be together. Anyways, after talking about that we started talking about when we were dating. We were saying how we started as friends and that's such a good way to start things. I told him that he never even asked me to be his girlfriend. I guess it was just unspoken, we both just knew. So, tonight while we were talking he asked me to go steady with him, lol. It sounds so corny, but it was so sweet. He told me that I could start wearing his Army ring if I wanted to, lol. By the time we got off the phone I was smiling from ear to ear. He always has that effect on me. His timing couldn't have been better, and I appreciate him so much for that. He always has a way of helping me forget about the stupid things in life and focus on what is important.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Amy said...

You two are so sweet together. It's great to read about a couple that truly loves each other! Amy

Courtney said...

How sweet! You are so perfect for each other!

Good luck with your classes but you'll do fine:)

kbug said...

The phone calls are the best, when you can hear their voices and hear them laugh. I've only talked to Seth on the phone a handful of times since he left last year, but I remember every one and loved being able to hear how he was doing. I'm glad Eric was able to cheer you up.....hang in there.

Glo said...

Aren't the phone calls a blessing. Don't know how my Mother did it in WW2....No word or letters for days,weeks or even months.
Good luck with your classes. Your a smart girl,I just know ytou'll do fine,but just in case....I'll say a little prayer for you.Can't hurt.
Love and God bless

Monica said...

Glad Eric was able to brighten your day. Good luck on the classes, should help the remaining time fly a little faster. Prayers to you and yours.

Karyzma said...

That is such a sweet, sweet thing he did!! Awww.. :o) Your classes don't sound like anything I would choose, but hey, you'll do just fine! :o)