Thursday, August 31, 2006

I bought a journal to keep for Eric when he left and I wrote in it almost everyday that he was gone. By the time he came home for R&R I had filled every page. It worked out to be only one page more than I needed, which I thought was kind of funny. When he left I bought another one to keep for the second half of our deployment journey. It's more than 3/4 of the way filled, I counted the pages, and it came to one page less then the VERY tentative date that we've been given of the time he'll be coming home. Kind of odd if you ask me.

I'm loading up the truck tomorrow for my drive this weekend to the oh-so-wonderful state of Kansas. I'm really excited about it though. I'm ready to get the rest of our things up there and start getting the place in order for when Eric comes home. I really just want to have a place for him to come and not have to worry about helping me unpack and get things in order. A place for him to relax and kick his feet up, with no worries. I love the thought that he'll be home very soon. I've come to realize that the term "very soon" changes once you go through a deployment. It's not that it's tomorrow or even a couple weeks from now, but when you get to a point where it's down to the lower double digits of days it's "very soon."

3 comments:

Monica said...

Have a good trip, the move is almost over. Very happy for oyu! He will be home before you know it! Very awesome about the journal, I wish I would have had time for something like that, but I guess that is what my blog was for. He says he loves to read my words, I guess it is all good. Drive safe, you are in my prayers.

Glo said...

I wish I would kept a journal of all the silly and crazy things that happened to me while Mike has been deployed.Itell you about them sometime. You'll be rolling in the floor.Have a fun weekend and drive safe. Our prayers are with you. you have my cell# if you need me.Talk to you later.

Courtney said...

So funny how our post have been so similar lately. Guess it's because we are both getting close to the end. Could also be great minds think alike. LOL!