Sunday, September 03, 2006

This weekend has to go down as one of the worst in the history of my weekends. Friday I started to load the truck up with our things. Right away I climbed up in the bed of the truck, underneath the carport and hit my head on the metal bar that runs across the bottom of it. I laughed that off, and moved on. We loaded the treadmill, with my brother's help. He complained the whole time (that's the only thing we asked him to load). Then after it was loaded I decided it was taking up too much room and I wouldn't have enough room for everything else I had to take, so mom said I could keep it there and just get it when Eric got home. So, we waited on my brother to leave (so he wouldn't gripe about having to load it for nothing) before we unloaded it. Then we loaded the dresser and desk. The desk took up so much room and I hate that desk anyways (why I bought a black desk and all glass table tops when we picked out our furniture I'm still trying to figure out) , so after trying to load all the boxes around the desk (and hitting my head on that bar 3 more times) I got frustrated. Mom kept asking me, "Do you really need to take that?" I kept telling her that this is the last time I'm going to have any help, I don't want to have a bunch of crap to haul all by myself next time. I got mad and got in the back of the truck with a hammer and tore the desk down, in the process I hit my head yet another time on the bar and then hit it with the hammer. I was really frustrated but beating the desk down did help lol. I got almost everything loaded, minus a couple boxes I'll have to bring up here next time, and got the tarp on. That was the end of Friday.

Saturday was pretty uneventful, my sister and I made the trip up here. It was the longest this trip has every seemed to take. It was horribly long. It rained the whole way. The tarp started to come loose once, but I got out and fixed it and that's the most trouble it gave me. We got up here, unloaded, stayed up till 12:30 trying to get a few things done and putting my file cabinet together, that ended Saturday.

Sunday has stunk all the way around. First, I took my sister to the mall and when we were leaving my mom called and told me that Grandpa's breathing is really bad. She said that the dr and nurses told them that when a person loves their family as much as he does that sometimes they will hold on just for them. Well, I guess yesterday all of his kids (my dad included) told him that it's ok to leave and go be with Jesus. So mom wanted my sister and me to call and talk to grandpa and let him know that it's ok, since we have a very close relationship. When I got back home I called the hospital and had my aunt hold the phone to his ear. I told him that it's ok to let go and go be with Jesus, that he's done everything he can for his family and that we love him. Of course he didn't say anything because he's not coherent anymore, but it was still a hard conversation to have. After hanging up there I decided to try and get a few things accomplished around the house. I will say that I'm proud of myself, I put together the new, much improved, desk (with some help from my sister) without any incident or without getting frustrated. As soon as I got it together, I put my computer up and was hooking up my printer. My parents bought me a printer for Christmas last year, a really nice one. I love that printer. It has the place to stick the memory card for my digital camera in it, making it super easy to make prints off, it has the scanner, copier, ect. I love it. Well, as I was plugging it in, it falls off the stupid desk, and shattered. Great. I called my mom upset, she told me not to worry about it. I shook that off and went to Wal Mart to do some grocery shopping. We went in, got everything I needed, paid, come out and unload them into the truck. My sister went to put the cart away, I push the button to unlock the driver's side, put my purse in the passenger side and shut the door. I walk around to the driver's side, and low and behold, the door is locked. I pushed it the wrong way. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! I called my mom again, lol. She asked dad what I should do, he said go ask the customer service people if they have a way to get it open, if not call a lock smith. I went in, they didn't have a way, I called a lock smith. We went back out the truck and stood there for over an hour waiting on some guy to come, work for 1 minute and charge me $35. Oh well, we were able to finally leave. Now, I'm back home, I talked to Eric, he definitely made me feel better, and it's still not the end of Sunday.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Michelle, I'm sorry your weekend has been so bad. Just hang in there ok. You'll make it...I promise.

Amy said...

Argh. Don't you hate weekends like that!?!! You are getting so close girl! When is his time up?

Courtney said...

Oh man I am soo sorry. I have had days like that. You think that it can't get worse and then you wish you hadn't thought that. I am glad you got to talk to Eric though. Those special men in our lives always have a way of making us feel better. They are the perfect remedy for the worst days. Everything will get better. Hang in there. We're here for you.

Monica said...

What a weekend! I hope Sunday got better for you! I am glad you were able to talk to Eric though. Won't be long now!