Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm back in Kansas again. I had a hard time deciding if I should go ahead and come back up here or if I should stay down in Oklahoma for a while longer, but obviously coming back home won out. I'm glad I did too now. When I got home there was a note on my door that said my stationary bike would be delivered tomorrow. YAY! My parents gave me the money for it, they said I was doing a really good job, and to keep up the hard work. They're so sweet. The next time I see my family, Eric will be here. Man, it sounds so good to hear that, and to see it. They're going to try and come up, but they're not sure yet if they'll be able to. It's hard to make plans when you can't get a date nailed down. Eric's mom and sister will probably be up here, but his mom's a little anal when it comes to her work. When I called to tell her the time frame she was looking at the calendar trying to figure out if it would fall after she does payroll. Apparently the world would fall apart if she taught the other lady that works in the office how to do it for one week. Oh well, that's one of the many things you have to get used to when it comes to my MIL.

I guess it's because the time is coming up soon, but I've been very on edge the past few days. My sister was getting the brunt end of the deal yesterday. She seemed to be being very rude, and I snapped at her a couple times. When I apologized she said, "Geez, are you pregnant?" lol... Unfortunately, no. I just wish this time would get over with already.

I wonder if my neighbors wonder if I'll ever quit bringing boxes into this place. I swear it's like we have the stash of never-ending crap. At least most of the boxes this time was from stuff Eric sent home! YAY! It's kind of hard to find places to put it all though when you live in a two bedroom apartment. Gotta love the 700 pairs of issued boots! Maybe they do that because back in the day the soldiers had to wear their's for so long that they just ended up walking right out of them, so they don't want that to happen nowadays, so they issue as many as possible. Ok, I'm rambling, that's what happens when you drive 7 1/2 hrs ALONE from Oklahoma to Kansas, with nothing in between but some wheat fields. You go insane.

5 comments:

Karyzma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karyzma said...

LOL!! There's nothing worse than having to drive for that long, than to have endless miles of barren nothingness to make you want to fall asleep. I'm glad you had a safe trip. Man...those MIL are so hard to understand sometimes. Mine is the same way. Sometimes I have to wonder if her elevator works properly lol. BUT, they can't all that bad for raising the wonderful men we're with!! :O) I'm excited about your Honey coming home soon. It's almost the end for all of us!!! Hoorah!! And, cheers to you and your awesome weight loss. That bike will be wonderful. We used to have one too, but we got rid of it. We have the Ab Lounge now and it's great! Anywho, keep up the great work girl!!

xoxo,
Kathy

Glo said...

Just driving from Richmond,Mo to Ft Riley about put me to sleep. If it weren't for watching to see if I were behind Ashley all the time I could have. I know all about the 700 pairs of boots......most of them are setting in or groom ( garage closed in ,not yet family room.)and his two foot lockers andother things aren't even here yet.....and they say women have lots of shoes and cloths...I glad you time is almost up. It will be good to have another home.
Love & God bless,
Glo

kbug said...

It's getting closer by the day...and to be setting up house for your returning soldier must feel awfully good. I'm really excited for you. Katie will be doing that in another month or so...we think. But Seth's homecoming date is soooooo indefinite and changes from day to day, so we just don't know anymore...it could be November or December. And at this point I've given up on trying to figure it out. I just know he's coming home some time this year...does that narrow it down??? And I'm trying to be thankful for that.... :)

Monica said...

You got back just in time! Won't be long now until he is home! I got more boxes today too. I can't believe all the stuff they end up with in their small living areas. I think I only have one more on the way, in the mail anyway. We will be picking up his foot locker, ruck and duffles tomorrow. Crazy stuff! My MIL is a piece of work, I think I would love to trade! haha She just forgot to send him letters or anything all year long unless she needed something from us, or she was complaining about me, and now she wants all the glory of her dear son coming home from war. Oh please save me. Ok enough drama... but you get the point. I am determined to not let her bother me tomorrow! I can't wait to hear your countdown! Thanks for being there during mine.