Wednesday, September 20, 2006

We had our redeployment briefing today, which was really nice. The meeting itself sucked, but just the thought that they are coming home soon is nice. I'm so excited that soon I will be back with my husband, where we belong. I have no idea what to do for his homecoming. I'm really at a loss for creative ideas. I just want my husband home. I just want next month to be here and over with. Our FRG leader asked me today if I was excited about them coming home soon. I said "Yeah." She said, "You don't look like it." How am I supposed to look? I'm not going to jump up and down at a redeployment briefing when we still have some time left and there was no mention of an exact date and especially with people who I have had basically no contact with over the past year. My husband, the love of my life, my best friend, is coming home after being away for a year. Of course I'm excited. Put him in front of me and then see how excited I am, lol. I'm going back to Oklahoma tomorrow. I'm dreading the trip, but tomorrow is my sister's 16th birthday. I can't believe that she's going to be 16. I absolutely HATE that! She's not supposed to be that big, she's just supposed to be a little girl forever. Is that too much to ask?

6 comments:

Glo said...

Hey girl you don't act very excited.......haha heehee I don't know what they expect of us. Then when they do give you a date you can't depend on it being right. I know just how you feel. Been there done that. Mike and I'll be praying for you both. Not to much longer now girl......Chin up.HOOAH!!!
Love Ya.

Courtney said...

You are too funny. I can see your point. Well all I got to say is GET EXCITED!! J/K. Have a safe trip.

Courtney said...

Have a safe trip!! Tell that lady to shut up. LOL! I KNOW you are excited!!!!!!!

Karyzma said...

LOL. I know exactly what you mean. It's crazy how people don't understand how draining it is to go through what we have to for months and months on end. It's exhausting!! So, no we're not going to jump up and down and go haywire before we know exactly when our men are coming home. In Australia, I was excited the whole time about seeing him but I wasn't antsy about it until the morning of. SO, yeah. Tell them to give you a break. Have a good weekend and safe trip!!

Hugs!

Monica said...

I can understand the not excited thing... it is so hard to get overly excited, especially when you aare cautious about what could happen... extentions and what not. I just tried not to think about it, but I was very excited to have Brad coming home. Once it gets a little closer, you will start feeling it evan more. It has been a long road to travel, with the other half of you so far away all this time. Have a great trip and Happy Birthday to your sister!

Amy said...

Wait until you baby sister has a baby!! That was so wierd for me!! Congrats! Not much longer! :)