Friday, September 15, 2006

Well, I have neglected "Gettin' Fit Friday" for a few weeks, but most of it was due to situations that were not in my control. Anyways, hopefully now I can get back to updating about that. I have still been doing good with my exercises. I have lost 65 1/2 pounds so far. I've been having to improvise as far as working out, since I don't have my treadmill or the stationary bike at the moment. I've just been using my "Billy Bands" for resistance and doing my own thing. The bike I was using is my dad's and since I moved I have to get my own. My parents would have given me the one of his but it was a birthday present, lol. They did give me money to get a new one, they said they were very proud of me and it was my present for doing so well. They certainly are very sweet people.

I came up to Kansas on Wednesday. After I got the news that we're having the redeployment briefing, I decided to come up and get this apartment done. I spent all evening on Wednesday working on this place, but I didn't yesterday. I met another military wife on one of the military wife groups I'm in, and we hung out yesterday, she's such a sweetheart too. Her husband just left to go overseas a couple weeks ago. Today, though, I have spent all day working on this place. I got up and finished my history homework real fast and the rest of the time I've been going and going trying to get all the boxes unpacked. I swear I think I've walked about 10 miles just around this place. I have made some really good progress though. I have unpacked EVERY box, except 2! Aaahhhh....time to sit and rest. Where does all the crap come from? I swear it didn't seem like we had this much stuff when we packed it up. It didn't seem like it when it was out in the other apartment either, but now, it seems like it in a big way. Stuff all over. No place to put it. What do I do? That's why man made the trash can! lol... I'm going back to Oklahoma next week for my sister's birthday, but so far staying up here hasn't been too bad. I'm just so ready for my husband to be here with me again. Right where he's supposed to be. I can't specify a date that Eric will be home, the closest I can say is I'll see him next month, but man it feels so good to say that! He said he was looking at the calendar yesterday and got excited seeing how many days we're down to. Lord help the time to go by quickly!

6 comments:

kbug said...

Yes indeed, may the next few weeks fly by...for all of us who are waiting... :)

Monica said...

Great job getting unpacked! The time will go fast, keep busy... it helps a lot!

Courtney said...

65 1/2 pounds??? OMG! Girl you rock! That is awesome. Hope someone is there to hold Eric back when he sees you! HeHeHe!!!
Love ya girl! Not to much longer for ALL of us. Hang in there!
Court:)

Glo said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you girl.Hang in there it won't be long now. Don't lose to much more.Eric needs something to hug....
Love Ya,
Glo

Karyzma said...

The 65.5 lbs is very impressive. I mean, WOW! That is wonderful, Michelle!! Great job in sticking with it. I actually started running last night, so we'll see how long I can stick with it this time. lol. I'm the worse at that. I get to see my Hubby for a week next month too. I hope the time flies by for the both of us! Take care and keep up all the hard work.
Love Ya!
Kathy

Charla said...

Congrats on the 65 lbs girl! That's so amazing!!! I've been neglecting my Gettin' Fit Fridays too! Not good since I started it!! LOL I promise I'll start again soon! :)

WOW you get to see your man next month!! YAY!!!!! :) I can only imagine how you're feeling right now! Take care girl! Not much longer!!:)

Charla