Monday, August 07, 2006

Yesterday and today have been nothing but painting. My mom got on her hands and knees and scrubbed and waxed her kitchen floor. It looked really good, so she said would like to paint her kitchen, so my sister decided to buy her the paint for her birthday. So, we've been spending the past couple days just painting. It wasn't too big a deal, except the shutters for the window. They are a huge pain the butt! Every time it seemed like we had got them painted there were more stupid areas of the stupid things that we missed. We now have a new family motto, "Don't clean the floor if you don't want to paint", lol. Oh well, mom likes it, so it was worth it.

Well, since my parents took my grandpa to the dr he's just been getting worse. The dr said that he didn't have alzheimer's and took him off one of his alzheimer's medications plus he lowered the insulin for his diabetes. He also put him on 4 more medications. Well, he's just been getting worse and worse since then. His wife is a piece of work too. She's so selfish and it just makes me so mad. The whole situation is not about her, it's about Grandpa. For pete's sake, she's in her 70's you'd think she'd realize the world doesn't revolve around her by now. Anyways, after fighting with her and finally letting her know that there is absolutely NO way that we're willing to put him in a nursing home at this point, she's agreed to let him move in with my parents. We all still have hope that he's going to get better. We just want her to give us a chance to help him. If that doesn't work then at least we tried. You would think she would be grateful that his family wanted to help her out. Nope, she acts like we're all out to get her. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU LADY!!! So, Grandpa is coming down here tomorrow to live with us. She's coming too. So, we're all trying to figure out places to be, where she won't be, lol... She's staying until Friday! Oh boy.

I know it's not the right attitude to have, but she just chaps my hide. Grandpa has always been the type of man who would give you the shirt off his back (he offers every time you compliment his shirt, lol). We just want someone who is willing to put his needs first. I know she can't handle him the way he is, so let us try. Without being a big fat baby! Ok, thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

Please pray that I can find a way to get the rest of my things from here up to our new apartment. I hate to ask my brother again, he works on an oilrig and he's fixing to start school, and I don't know anybody else who would be able to help me. I have to get two vehicles plus the furniture from down here up there. I know that the Lord will show me the way. I just have to give it to him, but sometimes that is truly one of the hardest things to do.

5 comments:

Glo said...

I will say a prayer for you. I would also be there to help you if I lived closer. Hope and pray everthing goes well with your grandpa too. Everything is going to work out for you ,I just know it. God helped get you your own place, I'm sure he has a plan to get all your cars and stuff to it.

Michelle said...

I will pray for you too. One question will the military pay for your move?

Hope everything works out with your grandpa and his wife!

kbug said...

I'll keep your grandfather in my prayers...and pray that his wife's attitude changes for the better. I'm sure all the moving woes will work themselves out, too. Take care of yourself..... :)

Charla said...

awww, I will definately keep you and your family in my prayers. So sorry your family has to deal with all this! I'm so happy to see a family pulling together to take care of their loved one. So many of the patients I take care of everyday aren't that lucky! God Bless Your Family! :)
((BIG HUGS))
Charla

Monica said...

Hope everything gets better with your grandpa. How did everything go with the move? I hope you were able to get all your stuff moved to the new place easily. Have a great weekend!