Friday, August 11, 2006

Ok, I almost forgot that today is Gettin' Fit Friday. So, it's midnight, but I remembered. I'm pretty proud of myself this week. I've done my exercising all week, except today. I did Tae Bo yesterday, which left me sore today, but I enjoyed it. Since I've been doing so good I rewarded myself this week. I went and got my hair cut. It's still basically the same, but I got 2 inches cut off. I love it though. It's the best it's looked in a long time. I went to a different lady, and I love the way she does it! Anyways, I didn't lose any more weight this week, but that's to be expected. However, I was able to go and buy a smaller size pants! Eric's been bugging me for a long time (along with all my family) to go buy new pants. The one's I have are so baggy it's really pathetic. I just hate going to buy new clothes when I'm not expecting to be in them for too long. I just bought several pairs of pants when Eric came home for R&R in May, and they are way to big. I hate having to get rid of them when they're only a couple months old. So, it's hard for me to want to go and buy new clothes. But, I did it anyways. It was nice to go into the fitting room and try on a size that I don't even remember wearing, EVER, and them fitting. I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

I went and visited my MIL today too. We had a pretty good conversation. She's big time into the crocheting, and it cracks me up. I mean, I do it sometimes, but she's like extremely dedicated to it. So, every time I go up there she shows me the blankets that she's accomplished since I last saw her. She's making blankets for Feed the Children. Since Jan. she's made 58 blankets. She's a character, but I love her.

Update on my grandpa:
His wife left yesterday. He's not been doing too good, but hopefully he'll be getting better. The dr scheduled him for a MRI for Monday. They want to make sure he doesn't have a tumor or anything like that. The dr also said that he can't say for sure how long it will be before we start to see an improvement in him. He said that it depends on how much damage was caused by the misdiagnosis and whatnot. He said it could be weeks, months or even years before he's fully recovered. We're praying for the best though. I just pray that with everyone going back to school and working that my dad is able to handle him the majority of the time by himself. If the good Lord is willing, it won't be too long though and he'll at least be mildy improved.

On a side note, my other grandpa (my mom's stepdad) had cancer back a couple years ago in his lungs. He went through cemo and radiation and went into remission. Well, a few months ago his arm started hurting him and he went to the PA that they have (they don't have a real dr) and he started treating him for a pulled muscle. Well, it hasn't gotten any better so he went to another PA and she was really worried about it. Turns out it's a tumor in his arm. So, he went and had a MRI done, but it was inconclusive. So please keep him in your prayers too. I would greatly appreciate it!

I still haven't got everything up to Kansas, but I'm not going to worry about it too much right now. Michelle asked if the military would move us. They won't because it was my choice to move down here while Eric's gone. It wasn't "approved" by them, so it's up to us to get back up there.

To end on happier news: We got the July newsletter for the unit and the girl who sent it said, "Only two more issues left." That is wonderful!!!!!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats on losing so much weight still. Dang I wish I had your discipline. I know it sucks buying new clothes but at least the reason is WONDERFUL. And I will keep your whole family in my prayers. Hang in there.

Monica said...

I am the same way about buying new clothes. Brad is constantly telling me to buy myself stuff, and I hate to until I get to where I want to be weight wise. Congrats on the new size! Hope your grandpa gets better quickly! Yea! for only 2 more newsletters! Won't be long now.